LACS Payroll Junior Associate
Escazu, Costa Rica
Job posting number: #7198889 (Ref:pf-4901719)
Posted: December 6, 2023
The LACS Junio Payroll Associate is responsible for a wide variety of payroll processing, reporting and validation activities in support of assigned payroll populations to ensure payroll accuracy and timeliness. This includes but is not limited to timecard and time keeping system processing, payroll deductions, overtime calculations, bank reconciliations, wage garnishments and certain tax reporting.
- Responsible for collection, validation and adjustment of non-exempt and hourly time reporting. Validate and maintain vacation and sick quotas. Identify and resolves issue and errors related to time-keeping during payroll execution.
- Manage the time and attendance system for assigned population.
- Process all wage attachments orders and requests for assigned populations. Work with HR Service Center, vendor garnishments team, Legal and employees to resolve questions and errors, and insure wage attachments are processed correctly and legally. Maintains process documentation.
- Process routine payroll special compensation requests, deductions and adjustments for assigned payrolls. Process daily stock option tax report and validate tax withholdings and processing during payroll execution. Monitors timing of reporting and tax liability due dates and works with stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Responsible for routine banking activities and reconciliations associate with payrolls, maintaining authorized user list for banks, and abandoned property filings, journal entries and notifications.
- Responsible for monitoring of payrolls claims / overpayments / repayments, working with the HR Service Center and Payroll team. Correspond with manager, HRBP and employee regarding repayment. Process payments received and log payments / internal journal entries.
- Develop and execute routine and ad hoc reports in support of payroll and human resources. Work with HR Service Center to maintain the integrity and accuracy of Workday HR data.
- Provide general coordination and administration for the payroll team. Responsible for routine communication with vendors and HR Service Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting / Business Administration/ HR is required.
- Business/finance related Licenciatura degree desired
- 3 years of experience in Payroll /Finance environment required (shared service environment preferred).
- Basic Knowledge MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills required, any other language
- Accounting Finance knowledge
- Desired experience in multinationals, shared services or finance related if applicable.
- Communication and customer service skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Capability to manage complex/critical scenarios.
- KPI's and measurement understanding.
- Internal/external audit management experience
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Experience with US Payroll, Workday, ADP, or other common HCM, payroll and time/attendance systems preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Data analysis
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, or disability.People Experience
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.