ASE - Site Reliability Engineering Manager (Singapore)
Job posting number: #7197942 (Ref:apl-200525743)
Posted: December 1, 2023
- 8+ years in critical, large scale distributed systems experience, combining Hardware, Operating Systems and Software
- 3+ years experience building and leading engineering teams; ideally SRE or Production Engineering
- Strong emphasis on SRE as an engineering subject area, with proficiency in at least in one of the following languages (Golang, Rust, Python, Swift)
- Understanding of SRE principals, including monitoring, alerting, error budgets, fault analysis, and other common reliability engineering concepts, with a keen eye for opportunities to eliminate toil by code and process improvements
- Superb interpersonal skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management, influencing decision making
We are domain experts in fleet management, systems, and software engineering. We build automations, instrument reliability tools, and respond to alerts and incidents which may pose a risk to the reliability of the platform. Team’s focus is on infrastructure capabilities and processes, improving the reliability and efficiency of the systems, at scale.
- Act as the Service Owner, designing and mapping key performance indicators to achieve the organization’s mission
- Lead the definition of requirements, priorities and planning of engineering deliverables
- Implement structured engineering and operations processes
- Lead the team in daily agile SRE practices, ensuring proper team focus on priorities, achievements, and deliverables
- Optimize velocity and efficiency of delivery, and drive continuous improvement
Success depends on strong understanding of SRE principles and practices, combined with a track record of resolving issues in a live production environment, and implementing strategies to minimize them while driving clear action plans for the team.
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated with a passion for excellence, quality, and detail. As a leader, they are responsible for coaching and mentoring their team members, helping them achieve service goals, and build career paths in alignment. It’s imperative for the leader to empower their team by providing appropriate context and timely feedback.
The leader will not only own the service, but will also collaborate with other teams within Apple. They will build trust with stakeholders and partner through diplomacy, discussion, and follow-through. This is a broad cross-organization role with high-visibility, collaborating with multiple teams. They are expected to invest in and build good relations with key partners. Their collaboration with internal customers, product engineering, and development groups is critical to success.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.