Nurse Practitioner (M.S.)
Job posting number: #7195251 (Ref:10023479)
Posted: November 21, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $70.76 - $106.15 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, and treatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to join our Medical Oncology team in Duarte, CA. We are searching for candidates with oncology experience, but we will also consider applicants with other relevant experience. If you have a passion to care for oncology patients, we encourage you to apply for this role.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Utilize the City of Hope nursing process in clinical practice.
- Assume responsibility for independent, direct medical management of a defined patient population, according to standardized procedures and in collaboration with a physician advisor or supervising physician.
- Perform physical examinations applying the medical model and nursing process to patient care problems that require medical intervention and skill. Strives to maintain consistency of quality patient care.
- Develop and follow protocols/standardized procedures for practice for Nurse Practitioners in the department.
- Assist in developing methods and systems for provision of medical care and overall department operations.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the physician and multidisciplinary health team regarding patient information.
- Develop and implement patient education activities; provides education and counseling to patients.
- Develop and participate in performance improvement activities to evaluate the program's effectiveness in meeting patient care and departmental needs.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending in-service meetings, and workshops.
Your qualifications should include:
- Master's Degree, or Doctorate Degree as Nurse Practitioner
- Three years clinical experience
- Required Certification/Licensure:
- Current California RN license
- California NP License
- California NP Furnishing License within 6 months of hire
- DEA within 6 months of hire
- National NP Board Certification through accrediting body
- Basic Life Support (BLS), CPR card through American Heart Association
- ACLS and PALS
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $70.76 - $106.15 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.