Senior HR Generalist
Job posting number: #7195197 (Ref:10023741)
Posted: November 20, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $41.92 - $64.97 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, andtreatment facilitiesin Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Human Resources Strategic Partner (HRSP) Division. The HRSP Team aligns enterprise objectives with employees and leadership across the enterprise. We serve as internal consultants to leadership on human resource related issues. We serve as Strategic Thought Partners by enabling the enterprise transformation and aligning our human capital with our long-term strategic direction. For additional information on the Human Resources Strategic Partner.
The Senior Human Resources Generalist supports the Human Resources Strategic Partner function and business managers through the alignment of Human Resources activities with the organizational strategy. The Senior Human Resources Generalist helps to solve business issues through the people side of the business. Crucial skills are business acumen, strategic aptitude, understanding of Human Resources, analytical skills, and excellent stakeholder management.
The Senior Human Resources Generalist provides a broad range of generalist Human Resources related services to the City of Hope HRSP function and assigned City of Hope verticals/business lines. Formulates partnerships across the enterprise to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business strategies and mission of the organization.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Use HR dashboards and workforce reporting, analyze this data and give advice based on findings.
- Develop and deliver ad-hoc reports/data requirements to meet client requests.
- Provide insights via data analysis to enable better business decisions, connecting business challenges to HR activities, by having a deep understanding of the business and being able to look at problems from multiple perspectives.
- Create and facilitate presentation materials in support of HRSP deliverables.
- Liaison between line management and HR COE’s, while aligning business challenges to HR guidelines and policies.
- Manage job description reviews process (coordinate with compensation, manage deliverable time frames, liaise with leaders, etc).
- Support a designated HRSP leader to identify opportunities for developing infrastructure that aligns with the business, contributing to the organization’s values, mission, and planning, having a seat at the table, and participating in strategic planning.
- Responsible for auditing, entering and updating information in the HRIM system following effective attainment of approvals.
- Ensures accuracy of data, consistently communicating with key stakeholders (managers, payroll, HRSP, HRIM, compensation) on any and all HR changes affecting pay, salary, benefits, and other activities.
- Provides routine and ad-hoc reports in support of business needs as necessary.
HRSP Project Management:
- Plan, coordinate and execute on HRSP projects to support specific initiatives/programs.
- Create and/or streamline HRSP tools for consistency, efficiency and ease of use.
- Lead new HRSP initiatives in support of process improvement.
- Create presentation materials in support of HRSP deliverables.
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in Human Resources may substitute for minimum education requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as an HR Generalist or HR Business Partner is required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a variety of evolving HR priorities with a sense of urgency and responsiveness as appropriate.
- Proven ability to work independently and make sound judgements on a day-to-day basis with minimum direction in.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $41.92 - $64.97 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.