Human Resources Manager, Strategic Partner
Job posting number: #7195193 (Ref:10023740)
Posted: November 20, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $48.78 - $81.47 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Human Resources Manager
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, andtreatment facilitiesin Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Human Resources Strategic Partner (HRSP) Division. The HRSP Team aligns enterprise objectives with employees and leadership across the enterprise. We serve as internal consultants to leadership on human resource related issues. We serve as Strategic Thought Partners by enabling the enterprise transformation and aligning our human capital with our long-term strategic direction.
The Manager provides collaboration/leadership to employees across the various entities within City of Hope. The Manager will drive HR activities that align the business strategy with the human capital strategy in order to positively impact business performance. The Manager will consult on a wide range of HR generalist, operational and analytical activities including, but not limited to, employee relations, compensation, workforce planning/talent acquisition, employee development and engagement, organizational design and culture. The individual in this role will be a key contributor to strategic initiatives that facilitate HR effectiveness and will be responsible for developing and deploying HR best practices to key stakeholders.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Develop a working knowledge of client group and enterprise-wide business processes and goals.
- Lead, facilitate and/or participate in key meetings with stakeholders
- Align internal HR activities across the various entities within City of Hope /COH strategic goals
- Apply knowledge of client group to advance HR effectiveness and organizational development activities (i.e. identify opportunities for advancing talent management strategies and approaches)
- Consult on and drive talent and culture activities, including recruitment, performance management, compensation, organizational effectiveness, succession planning, diversity and inclusion, career development, and leadership engagement - provide innovative solutions to human capital challenges.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the various entities within City of Hope to ensure the timely coordination and execution of plans and activities.
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years relevant work experience and 2+ years working in the Healthcare industry required.
- 1 year of experience in leadership capacity.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $48.78 - $81.47 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.