Post Doctoral Associate [Med-Medicine - (23008056)]
Job posting number: #7191401 (Ref:23008056)
Posted: November 4, 2023
The laboratory of Dr. Samit Ghosh in the Department of Medicine, Vascular Medicine Institute at the University of Pittsburgh is seeking enthusiastic a postdoctoral associate who will work on NIH-funded projects, and who will contribute to the vibrant and team-oriented laboratory environment. The lab is focused in studying the cellular and molecular pathogenesis of multiorgan damage in SICKLE CELL DISEASE, with a particular interest for acute and chronic kidney injuries (https://vmi.pitt.edu/research/labs/ghosh-lab/). The lab is also interested in the pathophysiological interactions of kidney injuries with other comorbidities in SICKLE CELL DISEASE.
The candidate will have the opportunity to learn physiological assays in live mice, bone marrow transplantation, hematology, vascular biology and other molecular and biochemical techniques. The candidate is expected to drive and take ownership of their research project, design and perform biological experiments with rigor, be highly organized and communicative, and maintain a high work ethic. We especially welcome applicants who are recent graduates and are interested in pursuing an independent academic career.
· Designs, optimizes and executes research experiments related to research projects.
· Analyzes resulting data and interprets data independently (with guidance from the PI or other lab members).
· Works collaboratively with other lab members, senior researchers, and faculty members at the departmental or inter-institutional levels.
· Manages time and multiple projects efficiently while prioritizing deadlines and projects.
· Other duties will include presentation of data, written project updates, oral presentations (including lab meetings, intradepartmental seminars) etc.
· Ph.D. in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology, life sciences, or a related field.
· The candidate must be willing to work with live mice.
· Experience in molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, and histopathology, is desirable.
· Experience in running FACS and confocal experiments is a plus.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· The applicant should have a good publication record and have experience in presenting at national or international meetings.
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to championing all aspects of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within our community. This commitment is a fundamental value of the University and is crucial in helping us advance our mission, which includes attracting and retaining diverse workforces. We will continue to create and maintain an environment that allows individuals to discover, belong, contribute, and grow, while honoring the experiences, perspectives, and unique identities of all.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.
The University of Pittsburgh requires all Pitt constituents (employees and students) on all campuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Visit hr.pitt.edu/contact-ohr to learn more.