Open Rank Dentistry Faculty, DCG-Restorative Sciences
Job posting number: #7189853 (Ref:ej-4748502)
Posted: October 31, 2023
Open Rank Dentistry Faculty, DCG-Restorative Sciences
Job ID: 260236
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job ID: 260236
Position # 20000452
The Department of Restorative Sciences at the Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University is seeking a faculty member at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor to serve as the Program Director for the Graduate Prosthodontics residency program. The selected candidate is expected to provide full-time support for the Grad Pros program didactically and clinically. Support of Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) and other advanced education programs may be expected, consistent with the candidate's experience and department mission. The faculty member will develop, administer, and implement curriculum plans. Responsibilities include the advanced training of residents in all facets of comprehensive care, prosthodontics, and administration of the program including the selection and health, Commission on Dental Accreditation, and other entities. The faculty member will conduct resident/student assessments. The faculty member reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Restorative Sciences.
Interprofessional collaboration; Curriculum organization, implementation, assessment; Student mentoring, assessment; Interest and participation in scholarly activity; Service.
All aspects of clinical dentistry related to Restorative Sciences in support learning, scholarship, patient care, service.
All aspects of clinical dentistry. All relevant organization and communication skills as a oral health clinician, educator, and scholar in support of Restorative Sciences and adjunctive areas.
The position reports to the Chair of the Department of Restorative Sciences and works collaboratively with faculty within the department and across the College. Review https://www.augusta.edu/dentalmedicine/academics/departments/restorative/ for department information. The faculty member who fills this position will demonstrate professional behaviors that promote a positive, productive and caring environment for all DCG faculty, staff, residents, student, and patients. This position is non-tenure track.
Contribute to curriculum maintenance and innovation. Support didactic and clinical learning for students, faculty, and peers in didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical settings using best practices and best evidence. Develop, administer, and provide informal/formal student performance assessment. Actively serve as an effective clinician-educator as measured by quantitative and qualitative assessments.
- Contribute and support learning in pre-doctoral lab courses, and/or pre-/post-doctoral clinics and/or classroom instruction, and receiving above-average student, resident, and peer evaluations.
- Contribute as assigned the pre-doctoral program, inclusive of its curriculum, clinical competencies, and the preparation of students for the licensing board exam.
- Contribute to curriculum maintenance and innovation. Support didactic and clinical learning using best evidence.
- Contribute to the planning, development, and implementation of collaborative advanced technology curricula and clinical efforts.
- Develop, administer, and provide informal/formal student performance assessments. Plan and provide student assessments. Participate in faculty peer review.
- Contribute as assigned to advanced-education program directors and residents in Restorative Sciences and throughout the DCG.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive professional interactions for predoctoral and advanced program successes.
Collaborate with faculty and serve as a mentor for students/residents regarding research and scholarly activities leading to presentations and publication.
- Participation in department research/scholarly activity initiatives and preparation of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Collaborate within and support the department FOSTER (Faculty Opportunity Strategies Toward Effective Research) Program through advocacy, participation, and funding.
- Expand research collaborations intra- and inter-institutionally based on background and experience.
20% Clinical/Patient Care
Provide patient care in the Augusta University Dental Associates faculty practice, maintain quality standards for compliance with all DCG policies.
Participate in efforts that support the Dental College of Georgia, Augusta University, the profession, and the public.
- Lead or serve on DCG and AU level committees and support other professional service activities that are appropriate for the assigned role. This may include but is not limited to institutional and/or professional organization activities such as committees, leadership, continuing education, outreach, etc.
- Obtaining annual CE credit necessary for the maintenance of professional licensure, complete mandatory annual/bi-annual training (e.g. HIPAA, BLS) required for clinical duties in the department, the DCG, and AU, support and comply with college or university policies and practices.
DDS/DMD degree from an accredited college or university (or foreign equivalent); active unrestricted license in another state or be eligible for licensure by the Georgia Board of Dentistry.
Assistant Professor - Early level career as a faculty member with background, education, and training consistent with the following position requirements.
Associate Professor - Mid level career faculty member with at least five years at the rank of Assistant Professor with background, education, and training consistent with the following position requirements.
Professor - Senior level career faculty member with at least five years at the rank of Associate Professor with background, education, and training consistent with the following position requirements.
Required faculty employment qualifications for all USG institutions and all academic ranks within these institutions shall be:
- Consistent with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)'s requirements for institutional accreditation;
- Evidence of ability as a teacher;
- Evidence of activity as a scholar and ability in all other duties assigned;
- Successful experience (which will necessarily be waived for those just entering the academic profession who meet all other requirements); and,
- Desirable personal qualities judged on the basis of personal interview, complete biographical data, and recommendations
Expertise in advanced technologies and digital workflow and implant dentistry and esthetic dentistry.
Advanced training and expertise in analog and digital dentistry in prosthodontics, implants (surgical/restorative), esthetic dentistry.
Possess multi-disciplinary comprehensive care patient care approach. Prior experience in dental education with demonstrated ability to work productively in didactic and clinical educational environments. Clinical experience and perform other duties as assigned as needed by the DCG at Augusta University. Also, maintain immaculate documentation of all procedures, practices, and policies of the program including faculty and residents and staff.
This position is fiscal year based and works year-round.
The intended work commitment or full-time equivalent (FTE) for this position is 1.0 and considered full-time.
Assistant Professor- Salary and compensation is commensurate with education, experience, and achievements. The salary is subject to availability of funds.
Associate Professor- Salary and compensation is commensurate with education, experience, and achievements. The salary is subject to availability of funds.
Professor- Salary and compensation is commensurate with education, experience, and achievements. The salary is subject to availability of funds.
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation leave, sick leave, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more!
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program.
Rank and salary are determined at the time of hire and are based on a variety of factors including but not limited to experience, education, credentials, specialty, training, etc. while also considering internal equity and market data.
Advancement through the faculty ranks at Augusta University is only through the annual Promotion and Tenure process in which faculty may apply if eligible (typically five-year increments). For more information on ranks, please review the Augusta University Promotion and Tenure Guidelines: https://www.augusta.edu/hr/faculty-support-ser/procedures/augusta_university_promotion_tenure_guidelines_feb_2020.pdf
The Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University, we provide dental education to the next generation of professionals by offering hands-on education through innovative research, patient care, and service. Join other dental providers to improve the oral health of Georgia and beyond. The DCG was founded to provide the people of Georgia with quality dental care by educating students in dentistry. As a patient, you have the option to receive treatment in one of our three different practice models consisting of student clinics, resident care, or in the faculty practice. All dental treatments can be completed by the specialists in our facility. We also serve patients in more than 20 clinics across Georgia.
Restorative Sciences Department Educational Assets:
40 paid faculty (28- 1.0 Full-time and 12- Part-time positions at various FTE), 1 office manager, 9 administrative support personnel and 2 traditional laboratory technicians, 2 digital laboratory technicians, 1 research laboratory technician, 1 hygienist and 1 anopsologist.
- Pre-doctoral responsibilities: D1-D3 courses, pre-clinical labs and clinical experiences
- Collaboration and support with the Department of General Dentistry for the D4 year.
- 3 Advanced Education Programs: Prosthodontics, AEGD, and GPR
- Collaborative responsibilities with all departments pertaining to predoctoral learning, advanced education learning in support of restoration driven patient care.
- Esthetic Center (shared efforts with College Administration)
- Biomaterials Research Laboratory
- Production laboratory
- Collaborative agendas relating to research/scholarly activity, and service.
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.
Health Sciences Campus:
1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912
Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
If applicable for the specific position based on the duties: the candidate will also need to have a credit check completed for Positions of Trust and or approved departmental Purchase Card usage.
Motor vehicle reports are required for positions that are required to drive an Augusta University vehicle.
For Faculty Hires: Final candidates will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
The primary work location for this position is within the Augusta University Medical Center or other Augusta University Health System Clinic Space and is subject to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services guidelines. The selected candidate will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination or an approved exemption. Your application to this position confirms you are aware of this requirement and agree to provide proof of either COVID vaccination or our organization's approval of a medical or religious exemption.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=260236&PostingSeq=1