Clinical Research Associate II - Pulmonary Research Team
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7183561 (Ref:HRC1323222A)
Posted: September 26, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Join Cedars-Sinai and become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements!
Work alongside physician-scientists and researchers who are making life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs. Our team of scientists develop some of the most advanced clinical trials in the world.
The Clinical Research Associate II will work directly with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator, Research Nurse, or Principal Investigator to coordinate and/or implement the study and may serve as the point of contact for external sponsors. This role evaluates and abstracts research data, and ensures compliance with protocol and research objectives. Position is responsible for completing case report forms (CRFs), entering clinical research data, and assist with regulatory submissions to the Institutional Review Board (IRB). The incumbent may have limited contact with research participants as needed for study and assists with study budget and research participant billing. The CRA II may coordinate activities, training, and education for other CRA members. This role follows all federal, local, FDA, IRB, and HIPAA guidelines and regulations pertaining to the study and patient care.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and abstracts clinical research data from source documents.
- Completes Case Report Forms (CRFs).
- Enters clinical research data into Electronic Data Systems (EDCs) that are provided by the sponsors.
- Provides supervised contact with research participants or contact for long term follow-up research participants only.
- Assists with regulatory submissions to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and works closely with supervising research staff or directly with the Institutional Review Board to submit Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
- Assists with clinical trial budgets.
- Schedules research participants for research visits and research procedures.
- Responsible for sample preparation and shipping and maintenance of study supplies and kits.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board. Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines. Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Participates in required training and education programs. May be involved in training and education of other Clinical Research Associates.
- Serves as the point of contact for external sponsors for select trials.
- Coordinates activities of other associates to ensure compliance with protocol and overall clinical research objectives.
- Participates in centralized activities such as auditing, Standard Operating Procedure development, etc.
- May participate in the development of Investigator Initiated trials for Investigational New Drug applications and/or Device applications.
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Bachelor's Degree Science, Sociology or related degree, preferred.
SOCRA or ACRP certification is preferred
1 year of clinical research related experience is required
Standing, Walking, Sitting, Lifting 50 lbs. Carrying 50 lbs. Pushing 50 lbs. Pulling 50 lbs. Reaching, Handling, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Repetitive Motions, Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination
Working Title: Clinical Research Associate II - Pulmonary Research Team
Department: Home Dept - Pulmonary
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14