Research Associate I - Ho Lab - Center for Neural Science and Medicine
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7180753 (Ref:HRC1378784A)
Posted: September 18, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Dr. Ritchie Ho is seeking a Research Associate I to join the team!
Cedars-Sinai is committed to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new technologies and innovations that will change how we diagnose and treat disease. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact. With your help, we can change the future of healthcare!
Research in the laboratory of Ritchie Ho, PhD, aims to develop faithful models of late-onset diseases using human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and in vivo animal models by understanding and recapitulating how genetic and environmental conditions causing disease in older adults interact with intrinsic cellular aging pathways. To learn more, please visit: Ho Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate I will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of one or more laboratory research projects in a specific area of research. Assists in general laboratory activities, including maintenance of reagents and stocking of supplies. Files and monitors documents. The RA I will be able to perform routine cellular, micro-and molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to Western, Northern blot, DNA/RNA, PCR, protein extraction, cell culture, Immunohistochemistry, and staining. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps accurate and detailed project records of experiments and results.
- May assist with animal husbandry.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records.
- Transports, processes and logs samples.
- Maintains computer database with relevant clinical information.
- Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization.
- Maintains stocks of general lab materials, and places orders for lab equipment and supplies in a timely manner.
- Assists new students and fellows at the laboratory.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in biological science required.
Experience and Skills:
- No experience required. Understanding of general research objectives.
- Knowledge of routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization.
- Working knowledge of database management, personal computers, and presentation and imaging software.
- Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Function efficiently and cooperatively with a team of faculty, research associates, technicians and students.
- Scheduling flexibility and timeliness including evening, weekend, and holiday rotation commitment. Travel may be required.
Working Title: Research Associate I - Ho Lab - Center for Neural Science and Medicine
Department: BioMedical Science
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$19.50 - $29.87