Postdoctoral Scientist - Ho Lab - Center for Neural Science and Medicine
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7179852 (Ref:HRC1380218)
Posted: September 14, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Dr. Ritchie Ho is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
Cedars-Sinai is committed to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new technologies and innovations that will change how we diagnose and treat disease. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact. With your help, we can change the future of healthcare!
Research in the laboratory of Ritchie Ho, PhD, aims to develop faithful models of late-onset diseases using human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and in vivo animal models by understanding and recapitulating how genetic and environmental conditions causing disease in older adults interact with intrinsic cellular aging pathways. To learn more, please visit: Ho Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Under the guidance of the Center for Neural Science and Medicine (CNSM) within the Department of Biomedical Sciences (BMS), and working closely with other postdoctoral scholars, graduate students, undergraduate students, research associates, and collaborators, the Postdoctoral Fellow will be engaged in cutting-edge research. The Postdoc will participate in data analysis and interpretation and may assist in the preparation of grant proposals. The postdoctoral scholar will participate in publications and presentations as an author or co-author.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
Doctorate Degree (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in an area directly related to the field of research specialization.
Experience and Skills:
- Highly motivated and works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrates aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis, and the operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and must have the technical ability to operate mechanical/medical devices and/or equipment.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Ho Lab - Center for Neural Science and Medicine
Department: BioMedical Science
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$30.00 - $45.00