Lobby Ambassador - Part Time
Job posting number: #7179110 (Ref:10022750)
Posted: November 20, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $21.00 - $26.40 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913, City of Hope has grown into one of the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the U.S. and one of the leading research centers for diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope research has been the basis for numerous breakthrough cancer medicines, as well as human synthetic insulin and monoclonal antibodies. With an independent, National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center at its core, City of Hope brings a uniquely integrated model to patients spanning cancer care, research and development, academics and training, and innovation initiatives. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, and treatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. City of Hope’s affiliated group of organizations includes Translational Genomics Research Institute and AccessHopeTM. For more information about City of Hope, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people
**This is a Part Time role. 2:45pm - 8:45pm Monday - Friday**
The City of Hope Lobby Ambassador provides a high level of customer service to assist with meet and greet, mobility, wayfinding, directions, transportation via electric cart, and connecting patients and families to City of Hope resources. The Lobby Ambassador is the liaison between the external environment, valet parking area and the patient registration area and/or hospital destination of the patient.The Lobby Ambassador provides wayfinding and transportation services by greeting patients/families who are arriving on the Duarte Campus.In addition, the Lobby Ambassador may use an electric vehicle or wheelchair to move the patient from a parking lot or valet area to hospital or outpatient destination.The Lobby Ambassador delivers services with a high level of engagement, interpersonal skills, safety acuity, and City of Hope values.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Meets, greets and assists patients, guests and colleagues with way finding (providing directions), obtaining wheelchairs and providing transport from the parking areas or external areas of campus into buildings.
- Acknowledges and greets patients, guests and colleagues with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- May accesses patient information to confirm appointment times, appointment locations and room numbers to guests.
- May provide some concierge services to assist patients and guests with accessing Internet information (e.g., driving directions, restaurants, shopping and amenities) within the City of Hope and local community.
- Ensures that patient and business confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to help others at all times.
- Coordinates patient needs with other departments.
Safety and Risk Management:
- Corrects and/or reports safety, maintenance and cleaning needs.
- Responds to Code Blue and Code Red emergencies with appropriate equipment.
- Follows site specific safety and security procedures.
- Practices preventative safety procedures as set forth by City of Hope, including safe lifting techniques.
- Uses only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital disaster codes and response plans.
- Follows City of Hope standard operating procedures for disaster codes and response plans.
Systems and Standards:
- Completes all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by Lobby Ambassador Supervisor or Support Services Manager.
- Treats guests, patients and colleagues with courtesy, respect and dignity.
- Follows all appearance standards as set forth by City of Hope, including complete approved pressed uniform.
- Follows all attendance standards as set forth by City of Hope.
- Executes all terms and conditions as set forth in the City of Hope Code of Conduct and other policies and procedures.
- Utilizes City of Hope logs as specified.
- Completes tasks as outlined within the standard operating procedures.
- Maintains clean, neat work environment including all surrounding areas of office, work area and desk.
- All other duties as assigned.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan.Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
** 7 Openings **
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in a customer service role with at least one year providing face-to-face customer service.
- Current CA Driver’s License
- Must have flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc.This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $21.00 - $26.40 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.