Research Associate II - Pulmonary - Jiang Lab
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7179020 (Ref:HRC0235088E)
Posted: September 13, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Working under direct supervision, as a Research Associate II, you will perform routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. You will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. Will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. You will observe and comply with safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results, and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
- Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures.
- Associate Investigates molecular mechanisms of lung fibrosis, and participates in research projects including the role of innate immune, stem cells, extracellular matrix, resident mesenchymal cells, and fibroblast lineages in lung injury and repair. Experimental approaches employed in our lab include molecular biology, genetically modified mice, lineage tracing, lung injury models, prospective isolation and organoid culture of lung stem cells, single cell RNA-sequence, immunology, and genomics studies.
- Under minimal supervision, s/he is expected to maintain and carry out mouse husbandry, perform in vivo experiments including mouse lung injury models and sample collections, and in vitro experiments including molecular sub-cloning, cell culture, flow cytometry, mRNA analysis, protein analysis and biochemical studies.
- Trains other lab technician on related lab procedures. Other lab duties include: ordering lab supplies, record keeping, lab maintenance, and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in a Science related field is required.
- One (1) year of laboratory experience.
- Understanding of general research objectives.
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization.
- Applicant must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have superior interpersonal, communication and organization skills and the ability to work across company disciplines and functional units, and computer application experience.
- Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials, and attention to details.
Working Title: Research Associate II - Pulmonary - Jiang Lab
Department: Home Dept - Pulmonary
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14