Medical Assistant II
Huntington Beach, CA
Job posting number: #7161740 (Ref:10022521)
Posted: December 6, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $20.71 - $28.92 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Medical Assistant II
*** JOIN US OCTOBER 26th!You’re invited to a virtual event hosted by City of Hope for Medical Assistants I, II, and III: (register here). * If you have at least one year of experience and are MA certified by a nationally recognized certification program, we would love to get to know you! Meet with Senior Recruiter, Cynthia, from 10 am to 12 pm (Pacific) to learn about the culture, specialty areas, benefits, compensation, and career advancement at City of Hope. Bring your resume’ and your questions! ***
Join the transformative team atCity of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses.City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, andtreatment facilitiesin Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix.our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission:To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
The Medical Assistant II role at City of Hope is a vital position that provides basic administrative, clerical, and non-invasive technical supportive services under the guidance of a licensed healthcare provider. This role involves assisting with routine medical tasks and procedures, recognizing and reporting changes in patients' conditions, and functioning as a valuable member of the healthcare team. While specific duties may vary by facility, the Medical Assistant II consistently demonstrates commitment to the unit's progress and the organization's mission, while prioritizing effective communication and customer satisfaction.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Patient Preparation: Review and update patient records before appointments, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is available.
- Room Preparation: Set up exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and equipment before patient appointments.
- Patient Interaction: Greet patients, escort them to exam rooms, and complete rooming activities, including vital signs, patient history, and medication information.
- Clinical Support: Assist providers or nurses during examinations or procedures, practicing universal precautions and facilitating communication between patients and providers as needed.
- Basic Nursing Procedures: Perform basic nursing procedures, such as thermal applications, dressing changes, perineal care, and urine tests. Assist with activities of daily living (ADLs) as required.
- Injections and Phlebotomy: Administer injections and perform phlebotomy under the direction of licensed clinical team members within the scope of practice.
- Specimen Handling: Collect and handle laboratory specimens according to OSHA and CLIA guidelines.
- Environment Maintenance: Ensure a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients and their families. Adhere to sterile field setup, sterile technique, and instrument/equipment handling guidelines.
- Inventory Management: Maintain medical stock inventory, communicate supply shortages to Clinical leadership, and replenish supplies as needed. Keep exam rooms clean and organized.
- Administrative Duties: Assist with administrative tasks, such as pre-certifying surgical procedures, scheduling tests and off-site procedures, and transmitting patient education materials.
- Compliance: Maintain compliance with safety protocols, including disinfectant/sterilization procedures and the safe handling of instruments and equipment. Adhere to HIPAA regulations and patient confidentiality.
- Training: Attend annual CPR, OSHA, and CLIA training programs as applicable. Stay updated on industry best practices.
- Telehealth Support: Assist with telehealth visits, including chart preparation, patient contact, virtual rooming, and charge reconciliation.
Your qualifications should include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Training in specialty specific assisting a plus
- One year experience in primary care clinical assisting
- Experience performing lab test and processing lab and diagnostic study orders
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers from the American Heart Association
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, pleaseclick here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $20.71 - $28.92 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.