Job posting number: #7161482
Posted: August 9, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Advises and counsels students on course selection associated with curriculum goals and objectives for the McCormick School of Engineering’s Department of Computer Science. Assesses individual situations and circumstances, many complex in nature, and creates, implements and monitors recommendations, partnering with internal/external constituencies and resources that meet student needs. Ensures compliance with all associated policies, rules and regulations. Develops additional programs as necessary to support the undergraduate program. Assist in the many key aspects of CS education including: peer mentors, graduate TA’s, advising and tutorials. This position may require non-traditional hours during peak registration periods.
· Implements strategic plans and contributes to process by reviewing existing practices and recommending enhancements and improvements.
· Participates with area/unit senior staff in the conceptualization, development and presentation of materials used in operations.
· Identifies improvement opportunities in regard to technology that will better enable advising program to achieve its goals and objectives.
· Reviews processes and recommends changes to incorporate state-of-the-art technology as appropriate into administrative, resource, service, etc. components.
· Recommends changes and enhancements to leverage technology to best serve the greatest number of students as effectively as possible.
· Provides customer service oriented, student centered guidance and counsel based on individual circumstances, preferences, etc. and in compliance with all associated policies, rules and regulations.
· Identifies service improvement opportunities that will enhance guidance/counsel delivered.
· Academic advising & counseling may include: degree planning and management (qualifications for enrollment; major/minor selection, double majoring, interschool transfer; course planning, sequencing, alternatives, waivers, etc.); monitoring academic progress; graduation preparation; application and/or referrals to graduate schools, etc.
· General advising & counseling may include: time management, study skills, test-taking strategies, etc.
· Partners internally with admissions and faculty to provide information regarding interfacing academic and career resources and services.
· Implements consistent marketing and brand messages regarding resources and services.
· Creates, updates and maintains state-of-the-art website, social networking site, chat rooms, etc. that describe, highlight and explain resources and services.
· Incorporates social media and networking into program aspects as appropriate.
· Strengthens partnerships with internal and external resources and services by defining, promoting and marketing benefits of participation and involvement.
· Reviews market trends and best practices to recommend future plans to increase program resources, services, value, and participation.
· Develops plans and arranges programs - meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings, events, company visits, information sessions, career fairs, etc. designed to provide information, promote resources, and to build internal and external relationships.
· Identifies & obtains external expertise as needed and works with content experts for current and new programs.
· Reviews programs and recommends changes to increase value, resources and participants.
· Manages speaker selection, communication, and topic development.
· Leads program/project updates and improvements.
· Ensures that program/event details including communication, venues, presenters, travel arrangements, materials, refreshments and technology are arranged and completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
· Analyzes program sessions and interacts with participants for purpose of gaining consumer insight, growing and strengthening program knowledge, and optimizing client satisfaction.
· Coordinates the collection, analysis & reporting of required information for surveys, review documents, public information documents, etc.
· Analyzes evaluation data from internal/external participants (students, faculty, employers, etc.) to assist in program development and updates.
· Implements corrective actions required as a result of surveys or other indicators.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, local & NU laws, regulations, policies & procedures.
· Prepares documentation as required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 1 year career counseling/advising in higher education or 1 year of industry experience; or other relevant experience required; OR
· Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master's or JD or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
· Masters Degree or equivalent
· Knowledge of Computer Science
· Experience working in Higher Education
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
· Proficiency with computer applications so as to be able to use MS Office Suite and Student Enterprise System
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present information clearly and professionally to audiences ranging from faculty and current students to prospective student families
· Understanding of the undergraduate experience and development as students early in their college years, including difficulties requiring referral to proper support/service offices elsewhere in the University
· Thorough and accurate ability to monitor a student’s curricular progress to an engineering degree
· Expertise in using and explaining University’s central Enterprise System for maintaining students’ academic records and enabling them to do the same independently
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining timely and effective student service and high levels of attention to detail; outstanding organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and sense of collegiality.
· High degree of integrity and ability to main confidentiality.