Postdoctoral Fellow – Larisa Tereshchenko Lab
Job posting number: #7155281 (Ref:ccf18558401)
Posted: June 9, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Tereshchenko Lab (translational cardiac electrophysiology lab) is advertising a postdoctral fellow position. The postdoctoral scholars will perform research on AHA-, CCF-, and NIH-funded projects. We are looking for postdoctoral fellows with experience in signal- and image-processing, inverse solutions, AI methods (machine learning, deep learning, Natural Language Processing). The mission of the laboratory is to study mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias and causal effects of cardiac arrhythmias within the cardiovascular disease continuum, develop cutting-edge tools to advance the prediction, prevention, and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias, and train future leaders in cardiac electrophysiology, data science, and clinical investigation.
Principal Investigator: Larisa Tereshchenko, MD, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Quantitative Health Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Cardiac electrophysiology
- Signal processing
- Image processing
- Deep learning, machine learning, AI, NLP
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/quantitative-health/tereshchenko/or contact Dr. Tereshchenko at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Develop new Matlab and Python code for signal processing and image processing
- Adopt, modify, and run software code written by others
- Construct cardiac activation maps
- Develop software tools for semi-automated and fully automated analysis of electrocardiograms
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Cardiac electrophysiology
- Image processing, signal processing, modeling
- Inverse solutions, biophysics
- Deep learning, machine learning, NLP, AI
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Dr. Tereshchenko at [email protected].
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, AI, ML, DL, CCDS, IEEE, NHLBI, EP, Data science, Statistics, Statistical learning, Predictive modeling, Causal inference
Minimum hourly: $0.01
Maximum hourly: $333,340.26
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the anticipated range for new hires. While the pay range is displayed as an hourly rate, Cleveland Clinic recruiters will clarify whether the compensation is hourly or salary. A successful candidate's actual compensation will be determined after taking factors into consideration such as the candidate's work history, experience, skill set, and education. This is not inclusive of the value of Cleveland Clinic's benefits package, which includes among other benefits, healthcare/dental/vision and retirement.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.