Radiology Technologist Surgery ($5,000 Sign on Bonus Eligible)
Job posting number: #7147366 (Ref:ccf18474272)
Posted: May 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Surgery Radiology Technologist, you will perform radiology exams and procedures on patients of all ages. Your primary duties will include:
• Performing ED/surgical procedures such as trauma cases and fluoroscopic exams to include vascular, general medicine, and orthopaedics.
• Assisting with scheduling patient procedures.
• Educating patients regarding the procedures, equipment, and examination to ensure comfort and understanding.
• Document and notify management of any malfunctions of equipment.
The ideal future caregiver is someone who:
• Currently is a Registered Technologist by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT).
• Currently has a Basic Life Support certificate.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills.
• Has knowledge of human anatomy.
• Functions well under minimal supervision and in stressful situations.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Performs ED/surgical procedures (trauma cases, fluoroscopic exams to include vascular, general medicine, ortho, cardiac, GI, GU, neuro, pediatrics, and general procedures).
- Produces images of optimal quality for interpretation with accuracy and without delay.
- Performs procedures in a sterile environment and maintains patient safety at all times.
- Provides verbal and written instructions to patients and families on procedures as needed.
- Assist in scheduling patients. Monitors and determines priority of patients.
- Ensures patients' safety and comfort during and after the exam.
- Demonstrates the care and operation of Radiography equipment according to technical specifications and applications.
- Assists Radiologists, physicians and surgeons with procedures.
- Knowledgeable in acquiring, archiving, transmitting, and printing images via PACS.
- When applicable, knowledge in after hours transmission of images and appropriate paperwork.
- Immediately reports any malfunctions to the help desk and PACS Administrator.
- Knowledgeable in billing via RIS.
- Maintains documentation requirements to ensure that all technical data is entered timely and accurately.
- Notifies management and takes proper action to address equipment malfunctions.
- Provides instruction/mentoring to new hires and Radiology students.
- Continually strives to learn new technical information and skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and participation in professional affiliation sessions.
- May be required to rotate through all diagnostic imaging modalities and locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good standing.
- Current state licensure (RL) required prior to employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Complexity of Work:
- Knowledge of anatomy and related pathologic processes.
- Ability to communicate well with Radiologists and physicians to coordinate proper imaging of patients.
- Strong communication skills are essential to provide excellent care to patients and families.
- Ability to function well in minimal or no direct supervision.
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic Technologist is preferred.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying weight and manipulate equipment daily.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.