Research Administration Specialist
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7147346 (Ref:16019-en_US)
Posted: May 26, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety, is seeking a Research Administration Specialist to join our team at Baylor College of Medicine and the Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, TX. As the largest center for Health Services Research in the Southwest, our mission is to improve health and well-being through innovations in health care delivery. The selected candidate will be an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual who is passionate about contributing to the field of health services research.
- Serve as the coordinator for federally-funded Research Training Grants, including assisting with recruitment, coordination of advisory committee, meeting, and progress tracking.
- Responsible for financial monitoring and progress reporting for fellowship activities and research training program.
- Promote trainee participation in fellowship training activities that promote excellence in research, teaching and scholarship.
- Coordinate submission of new fellowship grant awards, compiling and tracking T32 database information.
- Conduct program evaluation, including monitoring and assessing awardee performance, and establishing performance measures.
- Monitor, assess, and ensure awardee complies with all terms and conditions of award.
- Oversee the on-boarding and credentialing process for new fellows.
- Coordinate and lead fellow orientations.
- Attend and take minutes for the monthly committee meetings.
- Interface with external entities, including affiliates, regarding fellowship program activities.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree. No experience required with Bachelor's degree or Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC).
- Research experience in a Healthcare Institutional setting who has managed pre- and post- grant awards.
- Great organizational and communication skills needed. Computer/spreadsheet savvy.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.