Medical Assistant II
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7147341 (Ref:16023-en_US)
Posted: May 26, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a Medical Assistant who is proficient in delivering patient care in the ambulatory care setting. The ideal candidate will perform patient care responsibilities and provides clerical/administrative support in a clinical setting.
- Performs routine patient care responsibilities such as taking vital signs, venipuncture (blood draws), collect specimens, and wound care.
- Collects patient history, performs medication reconciliation and enters information in the electronic medical record.
- Notes the primary complaint/reason for patient’s visit.
- Sets up instruments and equipment for Physician.
- Assists with procedures.
- Administers medication under direction / order of a supervising Physician.
- Instructs Patients on general care and medical procedures.
- Maintains patient and service rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures, and appointments.
- Conducts patient outreach phone calls and post visit follow-ups.
- Performs clerical/administrative responsibilities such as filing and/or scanning patient medical records, obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information.
- Takes inventory of clinic supplies and order supplies.
- Sorts and distributes clinic mail and medical records to the appropriate clinic personnel.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NHA, NAHP, or AMCA).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification through American Heart Association.
- Urology or OBGYN experience preferred.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.