City of Hope
Job posting number: #7146885 (Ref:10021285)
Posted: May 25, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $27.32 - $40.98 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Responsible for the care, cleaning and preparation of anesthesia supplies and equipment. Assists with patient care activities as assigned without actual administration of anesthetics and medications. Maintains and prepares monitoring and special equipment and assists in restocking and storage of supplies. Assists in transportation of patients as necessary.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Prepares and restocks anesthesia cart with necessary equipment and supplies.
- Prepares anesthesia equipment anticipated for specific patient needs according to scheduledoperations. Sets up special equipment as needed.
- Assists anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist during cases where special equipment is used.
- Cleans, decontaminates and sterilizes anesthesia equipment and checks anesthesia machines forleaks, empty tanks, etc.; prepares anesthesia equipment for next case.
- Informs anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist of deficiencies in stock.
- Maintains awareness of safety hazards during use of equipment and reports malfunctionsimmediately.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Assists clinical personnel in transferring patients to or from beds, chairs, wheelchairs, stretchersand/or tables.
- Utilizes proper judgement in decision making.
- Interacts, establishes cooperative working relationships, and communicates effectively with co-workers.
- Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines. Practices a highlevel of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School or equivalent
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- One year recent experience in an acute care facility as a nursing assistant or equivalent.
- Medical terminology.
- Basic mathematics.
- Current BLS (through American Heart Association)
- Anesthesia, operating room, laboratory or respiratory therapy experience preferred
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- Full Time
- Minimum hourly rate: $27.319000
- Maximum hourly rate: $40.979000
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $27.32 - $40.98 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.