Sterile Processing Technician - Central Sterile Processing ($5,000 Sign-on Bonus)
City of Hope
Job posting number: #7146700 (Ref:10021606)
Posted: May 24, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $20.50 - $30.36 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are expanding the hours of our OR. There are multiple brand new positions available. Apply today and refer your friends and colleagues!
About City of Hope
City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913,City of Hopehas grown into one of the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the U.S. and one of the leading research centers for diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses.City of Hope research has been the basis fornumerous breakthrough cancer medicines, as well as human synthetic insulin and monoclonal antibodies. With an independent, National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center at its core,City of Hope brings a uniquely integrated model to patients spanning cancer care, research and development, academics and training, and innovation initiatives. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, andtreatment facilitiesin Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix.City of Hope’s affiliated family of organizations includesTranslational Genomics Research InstituteandAccessHopeTM.For more information about City of Hope, follow us onFacebook,Twitter,YouTube,InstagramandLinkedIn.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Processes supplies, instruments and equipment. Restocks and maintains storage of supplies and case cart system. Assists in other departmental functions/duties as needed or directed to assure safe, effective, efficient, speedy patient care.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Processes instruments, supplies and equipment according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains an adequate supply of packs and supplies to meet area needs including inventory control, proper labeling and labeling of packages.
- Responsible for reporting faulty equipment and deficiencies in procedures.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician or 1 year sterile processing experience in an acute care setting.
- Maintains knowledge in surgical and medical technology through inservices/courses.
- BLS (through the American Heart Association), required.
- Previous experience in central supply operations. Knowledge of instrumentation and sterilization and case cart systems.
- CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician).
- Shift: Evening shift, 8-hour shifts, 1:00pm start time
- Job Status: Full-time, 40 hours per week
- This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $20.50 - $30.36 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.