Associate Professor of Professional and Continuing Studies - Humanities
University of Oklahoma
Job posting number: #7143943 (Ref:if114498)
Posted: May 5, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Professional and Continuing Studies at the University of Oklahoma seeks applicants for a full-time renewable-term Associate Professor position to teach in the College’s Interdisciplinary Studies - Humanities program, with a starting date of August 16, 2023. The College of Professional and Continuing Studies encourages applications from all interested and qualified parties. Our mission statement and other information can be found at pacs.ou.edu.
Successful candidates will join the College’s effort in offering online, undergraduate degrees in Interdisciplinary Studies. This is a 9-month position, located on the Norman Campus. In exceptional cases, a remote location will be considered.
The faculty member will be responsible for a four-course online teaching load in the fall and spring semesters and contributing to college service activities as appropriate for a full-time faculty member.
- Master’s degree and industry or academic experience in Classics, History, Modern Languages, Literature, Philosophy, Performing Arts or a related field in the Humanities.
- Experience with teaching high-quality, innovative online programming for adult learners.
- Skill in communicating with a wide range of stakeholders and a commitment to collegiality and collaborative decision making.
Preferences (Not Required):
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in Classics, History, Modern Languages, Literature, Philosophy, Performing Arts or a related field in the Humanities.
- A distinguished record of supporting inclusive excellence related to the instruction of a diverse audience of learners.
- A demonstrated ability to show courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow faculty, students, college staff, consistent with the core values of the College of Professional and Continuing Studies.
- Knowledge of and experience with higher education faculty concerns/issues, shared governance, learning outcome assessment, program review and accreditation, emerging online and/or distance learning issues, and innovative programming for online undergraduate degrees.
Applicants are invited to submit a comprehensive cover letter, current C.V., and contact information for three academic/professional references to https://apply.interfolio.com/123956. Additional materials may be requested at a later date.
The search committee will begin reviewing applications on June 15, 2023. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Inquires should be direct to the search committee chair:
Dr. Gregg Garn , Interim Dean, College of Professional and Continuing Studies
University of Oklahoma