Laboratory Technician II
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7136842 (Ref:15223-en_US)
Posted: March 29, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The lab is looking for a technician who will participate in their specialized team that conducts experiments to create transgenic stocks for the fly community. This position requires a lot of data entry and data management as well as following track of numerous components of the screen. This applicant will also have to assess the need of supplies for the entire team (13 technicians) and place the orders when needed. The lab is looking for technician who is organized and detail orientated. The position requires working as part of a big team with day-to-day communication with supervisors. The applicant has a track record of teamwork, be able to conduct maintenance of fly stocks and fly husbandry, screening, and record data. This technician will be supervised and trained in the laboratory for the required tasks.
- Helps generate transgenic reagents for the fly community.
- Conducts experiments to create transgenic stocks for the fly community.
- Works on data entry and data management as well as following track of numerous components of the screen.
- Assesses the need of supplies for the entire team (13 technicians) and places the orders as needed.
- Orders the stocks that are used by thousands of fly biologists and the data need to be of the highest quality and fully reproducible. Drosophila researchers throughout the USA and the world rely on these data. So far 1,000,000 cultures of fly stocks have been sent around the world.
- Helps with fly husbandry to establish stocks and maintain them.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Be very attentive to details, works in a team and able to manage a large data set .
- Be a team player based on experience in an office or lab environment.
- Has good communication skills will be a great asset.
- Organizational and administrative qualities are beneficial for this position.
- Has excellent administrative/office skills who will be eager to learn the basic biology behind the projects we conduct in the laboratory.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.