Registered Respiratory Therapist - NICU - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Mayfield Hts, OH
Job posting number: #7136170 (Ref:ccf18031929)
Posted: March 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist, you will work alongside our team of world-class caregivers to provide assessment, treatment, care, and evaluation for neonatal patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
Your primary duties will include:
- Planning, establishing, and evaluating patients for correct type of treatment and care based on their diagnosis.
- Monitoring and putting in place patient care plans with advanced monitoring techniques.
- Performing advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluating respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has strong critical thinking skills and can work under minimum supervision.
- Has decisive judgement in stressful situations.
- Shows strong communication skills.
- Shows empathy and compassion in a patient-centered environment.
- Has a current Ohio Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) Board licensure, Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care, and Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Directs respiratory staff for delivery of care. Implements and monitors patient care plan.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the illness and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- At sites where applicable, the employee will perform blood gas puncture and analysis.
- If the employee is designated as a Technical Consultant by the blood gas Laboratory Director, the employee must meet minimum qualifications as specified by the CLIA code of federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided for validation.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
Ohio Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) Board licensure.
Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) and/or Neonatal Pediatric Specialist (NPS) certification when appropriate for site.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Prior experience in critical care preferred.
- Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred when appropriate for site.
- Prior experience performing invasive procedures preferred when appropriate for site.
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal range.
- May require sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.