Coordinator, Patient Support Services
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7136145 (Ref:15200-en_US)
Posted: March 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a Coordinator. The coordinator will schedule and coordinate patient appointments and visits, including telemedicine. Prepares and maintains daily appointment schedules and collects necessary patient information, and completes documentation, applications and eligibility. Processes enrollment applications and performs data entry timely, accurately and in compliance with State and Federal standards and guidelines. The coordinator will perform these and other office functions as necessary to meet departmental goals.
- Greets and answers patients questions.
- Acts as a front line representative, records and maintain reports and data to support operational activities.
- Manages multiple task and deadlines using organizational skills.
- Enters additional information into other databases and tracks patient demographic information.
- Performs traditional office duties and skills.
- Schedules and coordinates patient appointments and visits, including telemedicine.
- Prepares and maintains daily appointment schedules and collects necessary patient information.
- Completes documentation, applications and eligibility.
- Processes enrollment applications and performs data entry timely, accurately and in compliance with State and Federal standards and guidelines.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office applications, and the Internet.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills are necessary.
- Must manage multiple tasks and deadlines using organizational skills.
- Must have ability to make independent decisions while exercising good judgment.
- Must have Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.