Vero Beach, FL
Job posting number: #7135946 (Ref:ccf18025241)
Posted: March 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Performs electroencephalographic examinations.
- Selects predetermined electrode combinations (montages) to obtain recordings, recognizes artifacts and takes appropriate steps to eliminate them.
- Monitors on the same apparatus, other variables such as electromyograms, electrocardiograms, electro-oculograms, respiration, etc.
- Observes patient with video recording equipment; ensures EEG and tape are lined up exactly; checks focus, lighting and microphone.
- Sets-up patient for continuous monitoring at the bedside with video, if indicated.
- Instructs nursing staff on pushing event button and care of videos.
- Abstracts relevant information from the patients clinical record and obtains additional information.
- Associate's Degree in Electroneurodiagnostics or related patient care field.
- Technologist must successfully obtain the ABRET (American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists) credentialing for R. EEG T. (Registered EEG Technologist) within two years of hire into this position.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- One year experience as a non-registered EEG Technician.
- Two years direct patient care experience may substitute for the Associate's Degree requirement.
- Manual dexterity in order to place electrodes precisely and to operate recording equipment.
- Ability to push and maneuver EEG machine weighing 320 pounds and Evoked Potential machine weighing 420 pounds.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or body fluids.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.