Research Coordinator I - Bioethics
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7135389 (Ref:15108-en_US)
Posted: March 22, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a full-time Research Coordinator for a non-laboratory research position. The individual hired will be responsible for providing research support on projects examining the ethical, legal and social implications of emerging technologies in healthcare, including digital health and artificial intelligence, computer perception (e.g. digital phenotyping) and privacy-by-design technologies (blockchain).
The research coordinator will be part of an interdisciplinary team of researchers led by Dr. Kristin Kostick-Quenet.
In addition to supporting the Center’s robust research program, the Research Coordinator will have access to funding for professional development and the opportunity to participate in professional and academic development sessions hosted by the Center. Such development opportunities include journal clubs, speaker series, career development information sessions, peer mentorship, and programming on grant writing, academic presentations, and goal planning. The Center promotes an intellectually stimulating and collaborative environment conducive to academic excellence. The Research Coordinator will have the ability for hybrid and alternative work arrangements.
The Center cultivates a culture of intentionality, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. We offer intellectual, social, and professional development opportunities to promote a meaningful work experience. We are reflective and mindful of issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion in both interactions with one another.
For more information about Baylor College of Medicine and the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, visit our website at www.bcm.edu/ethics.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of the project, including IRB protocols, managing project files, and organizing project activities
- Schedule and organize project meetings, including developing agendas
- Participate in coding and analysis of interview data
- Organize survey administration and data
- Help prepare progress reports for key stakeholders and funders
- Help prepare presentations for dissemination of findings
- Provide research and writing support, including conducting comprehensive literature searches/summaries and assisting with manuscript preparation and submission
- Maintain and update project websites
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in bioethics, humanities, public health, social sciences, or related field
- Strong interest in bioethics, health policy, artificial intelligence, psychiatry and/or related issues
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies and data analysis software programs
- Ability to display a professional, positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills and communication skills required and must be able to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Team oriented, collaborative mindset with an interest in creating value in any situation with insightful questions and suggestions
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, efficient, and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in accepting work assignment with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks, understand processes, and resolve issues
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.