PATIENT ACCESS SCHEDULING COORD INFUSION
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7134558 (Ref:hlj_43913)
Posted: March 16, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Patient Access Scheduling Coordinator Infusion (PASCI) is a member of the Clinic Access Department at Moffitt Cancer Center. The Clinic Access Department handles more than 6,500 patient calls or appointments weekly, schedules and registers all services for all outpatient visits.
The PASCI in this assignment demonstrates a working knowledge of a multitude of scheduling and registration for Outpatient Services to include but not limited to: Surgery, Blood and Bone
Marrow, Integrated Clinical Services, Diagnostics, Labs, Behavioral Health, Virtual Health, Research, and Infusion of the Medical Center and can be pulled to work in any capacity, due to business need.
The PASCI registers and schedules patients in the outpatient clinics as part of his or her duties. PASCI’s perform these duties face to face with patients.
We are currently looking for a Patient Access Scheduling Coordinator Infusion (PASCI) to join our team.
- The Patient Access Scheduling Coordinator Infusion (PASCI) is responsible for registering and checking in patients as they arrive for their visit and for scheduling any orders and appointments requested by the patient’s care team as patients depart.
- PASCI's based in our Call Center perform registration and scheduling of appointments by phone.
- PASCI’s gather accurate information, explain forms and policies and answer questions from our patients.
- A Career Ladder is in place to reward high productivity, quality and skills.
- Perform pre-registration or registration of patients for appointments at the Cancer Center. This includes review of insurance data to ensure that each encounter can be billed appropriately.
- Communicate with the ordering, referring or attending providers and the patient, referring to scheduling guidelines, to correctly schedule appointment procedures.
- Explain required registration elements, including forms, to the patient when required.
- Review documented instructions with patients to ensure they are properly prepared for scheduled procedures, tests and/or appointments.
- Work collaboratively with team members as needed.
- Other job-specific duties as assigned, consistent with level on career ladder.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- An upbeat, approachable and compassionate approach when working individually with each patient. (This is crucial when face to face with patients).
- Accuracy in data entry of patient information in the computer systems.
- Critical thinking skills and a solution focus approach.
- Flexibility to work in various clinics depending on the daily volumes.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience successfully working in an environment with competing priorities and demands and performance metrics.
- Sensitivity and compassion for our patients, who may experience difficulties and challenges as they seek cancer care.
- 1 or more years experience in a hospital, outpatient facility or physician office scheduling or registration setting, or performing data processing is preferred.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years experience in patient registration and/ or patient scheduling plus 1 year related customer service experience OR;
- Minimum 1 year of relevant patient access and/ or scheduling experience at Moffitt Cancer Center plus 1 year related customer service experience.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.