Laboratory Technician I
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7134505 (Ref:15083-en_US)
Posted: March 16, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Laboratory Technician will assist with routine daily operations of a laboratory investigating metabolic liver disorders. The Laboratory Technician will assist the head Laboratory Technician and Principal Investigator maintain an orderly laboratory and conduct laboratory research experiments using molecular biology techniques. Be responsible for maintaining accurate laboratory records and organization of the laboratory. Positive attitude and eagerness to learn new laboratory techniques, excellent communication skills, and work well with others. Supports the overall research mission of the laboratory by assisting the laboratory technician with maintaining with daily laboratory operations. The Laboratory technician will also learn basic laboratory experimental techniques and assist with performing experiments.
- Cleans laboratory equipment such as metal instruments, sinks, and tables.
- Assists the head Laboratory Technician and Principal Investigator maintain an orderly laboratory.
- Conducts laboratory research experiments using molecular biology techniques.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records and organizes the laboratory.
- Retrieves, washes, dries, sterilizes, and redistributes laboratory glassware.
- Operates autoclave and dishwasher.
- Prepares standard solutions.
- Performs PCR – genotyping analysis.
- High School diploma or GED.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Has completed the introductory Biology and Chemistry undergraduate course work.
- Has completed the introductory Biology and Chemistry undergraduate laboratory work.
- Has positive attitude, eagerness to learn new laboratory techniques.
- Has excellent communication skills, and work well with others.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.