GBI AI China Solutions Delivery Senior Manager
Job posting number: #7130455 (Ref:pf-4716586)
Posted: February 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Work closely with business & BT teams across Pfizer China to maximize the use of data in answering key questions related to: acceleration of drug discovery efforts, identification of drug repurposing opportunities, optimization of clinical trial activities, improving patient access to Pfizer therapies through a better understanding of outcomes & patterns of care, and maximizing the value of our interactions with patients, healthcare providers, payers, and regulatory agencies.
- Partner closely with local Business Technology teams to define and execute POCs using innovative technologies to advance Pfizer’s analytics and AI capabilities
- Lead rapid-prototyping engagements focused on assessing use case viability and gauging potential business impact
- Partner closely with the global AI CoE team to define & champion common AI-enabled solution architecture for use across the enterprise
- Provide technical leadership in the delivery of analytics and AI pipelines that include components related to data acquisition, exploratory analysis, feature engineering, predictive model design/build and interactive storytelling.
- Shared-ownership of advancing the team's analytics and AI capabilities through implementation and execution of state-of-the-art approaches
- Produce actionable data presentations and visualizations for decision makers throughout the organization
- Directly engage with key business stake-holders (Sr. Director/Director level)
- Leadership of multiple project teams comprised of colleagues & contract staff
- Provide leadership & regional representation of AI CoE’s global team across the China/APAC region
- Partner with global AI engineering team to drive adoption of micro services framework across AI projects within the China /APAC region
Identify & implement reusable components (Micro Services) across multiple projects leveraging common solution patterns
- 8+ years’ experience leading analytics or AI projects teams and building analytical platforms in a large organization with multiple functional constructs
- 5+ years’ experience working as a data scientist / ML engineer
- 3+ years working with semi-structured and unstructured data
- 2+ years working in a cloud based analytics ecosystem
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Data Science, Applied Mathematics or related field
Proven experience in at least two of the three following categories:
- Data Science / Machine Learning
- Expertise with general-purpose statistics/machine learning algorithms and at least one of the following sub-disciplines: Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Network Analysis.
- Expertise with the implementation of algorithms within Python, Spark, R, or Scala
- Expertise with model tuning, validation and evaluation
- Data Engineering
- Experience with SQL development, database administration and performance tuning
- Experience with data manipulation and extraction using modern programming languages (Java, C++, C#, Python, Scala, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with Unix/Linux development – package management, knowledge of filesystems, performance monitoring/troubleshooting
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Machine Learning Engineering
- Experience building production implementations of data science and engineering pipelines
- Experience developing production-grade components within a larger ecosystem
- Experience with sourcing data from APIs; experience building APIs is a plus
- Ability to create technical examples, prototypes, and demonstrations based on rapidly changing data sets
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment; with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse audience
- Ability to communicate the results of complex analysis to non-technical audiences via effective visualizations and presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.