Job posting number: #7123010 (Ref:nkj- 2304)
Posted: February 4, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Overall responsibility is to design, implement, test and maintain software systems to meet company, and customer needs. Consult with Sr. General Manager, Project Manager and department members to determine overall system and software module functional and performance requirements. Evaluate design methodologies to develop solutions that will interface with various software modules and hardware components. Write specifications to define or describe software requirements, architecture, design, verification, modifications, and test plans. Develop and test software for conformance to design specifications, validity of results, accuracy, and reliability. Contribute in a productive and efficient manner to the development of team environment.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Determine software requirements by interacting with the principal parties.
- Develop software functional and design documentation. Review documentation with department Managers.
- Create project entries in team collaboration and work management software with task breakdown and time estimates to track project development progress.
- Develop software in Integrated Development Environment.
- Maintain developed code in remote repositories and coordinate software development activities with team members using collaboration tools.
- Maintain up to date project development statuses in work management software.
- Test completed software thoroughly to minimize potential bugs before delivery.
- Prepare software installation package with required deliverables.
- Work closely with QA to test the software. Maintain reported bugs list, prioritize fixes and provide bug fixed version for evaluation.
- Work with sales representatives, vendors, and customers to ensure correct installation of the software and to provide technical support as well as troubleshooting.
- Research new and efficient software development tools and programming techniques and share acquired knowledge with the team members.
- Create and maintain project related materials on shared network and remote locations to be accessed by the team members.
- Study training materials available through Nikon resources to enhance microscopy and application related knowledge required for development projects.
- Work outside of normal hours of operation, as needed, in order to fulfill essential functions and responsibilities.
- All other duties as required or needed.
- Proficient in designing modular and interface-based solutions that will include custom data passing, callback mechanism, and object reference counting and lifetime management.
- Proficient in UI design and development in ATL/Qt/MFC.
- Advanced knowledge of STL/Boost/IPP/OpenCV library-based data structures and containers for solution development specifically image analysis.
- Ability to perform efficiently in individual and group project development activities with minimal supervision.
- Desire to be involved in all aspects of the product life cycle to develop quality product, via strong technical contributions as well as through partnership and collaboration with the team members.
- Familiarity with optical microscopy, imaging software specifically Nikon NIS-Elements software and/or experience in developing image analysis and workflow solutions for biological applications are desired.
- ASP.NET/C# web application development experience is a plus.
- Ability to routinely access and visit customer sites and travel to and from multiple work locations.
- Ability to travel 10% (overnight).
Education, skills & experience:
- B.S./M.S. or equivalent in Computer Science
- 5+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current, valid driver license.
The preferred method of responding to a job opening is by submiting your resume online. Resumes that are mailed, emailed or faxed will also be accepted. Be sure to indicate the position you are seeking along with the corresponding job code. No phone calls or agencies please. Nikon is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
1300 Walt Whitman Road
Melville, NY 11747
Attn: Employment Specialist, HR