City of Hope
Job posting number: #7122110 (Ref:10019536)
Posted: January 26, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $37.00 - $57.35 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
The Category Manager is responsible for developing and driving category specific strategies in their assigned category with a focus on "best value" and Total Cost of Ownership. Acting on own initiative, this position is responsible for driving strategic sourcing best practices, including RFx activities, establishing/maintaining supplier partnerships, and identifying supply risks and opportunities. Must be solution-focused, analytical, and have a strong bias for decision making rooted in data and analytics. Being comfortable with presenting data to stakeholders to promote the sourcing strategy is vital. The Category Manager will be part of a Strategic Sourcing team at a very well established, world-class cancer research and treatment organization.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Facilitates best in class Category Management fundamentals to optimize price, quality, delivery, service level, and overall value.
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge of assigned category and performs related sourcing functions
- Leads RFx, negotiations, supplier sourcing, contract negotiations, and compliance / legal management for defined categories.
- Provides category and spend informatics support and analysis of business operations and financial data to identify supply risks and sourcing opportunities with regard to total cost of ownership.
- Coordinate regularly with Purchasing Operations (Buyers) and Materials Management (Inventory/Receiving) to determine root cause of supply shortages and develop mitigation strategies.
- Identify supply risks and opportunities and develop/present business cases for corresponding sourcing initiatives.
- Establish and lead cross functional teams to develop, execute and maintain cross company sourcing strategies and drive acceptance and use of a consolidated strategic supply base.
- Develops, implements and manages contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to hold Suppliers accountable.
- Facilitates quarterly business reviews with key suppliers and stakeholders.
- Enforces supplier compliance with standards, policies, and procedures of enterprise, procurement department, stakeholder department, and industry best practices.
- Foster Supplier Collaboration and accountability
- Support the Supplier Diversity efforts
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in General Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field.
- Three (3) or more years of work experience, specifically in the areas of Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, consulting or comparable functional experience.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement and supply chain related processes and systems.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Master’s degree
- Strategic sourcing, strong negotiation skills, business/finance data analytics
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP),
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Category Management of Direct or Indirect Spend at a medical (hospital) or clinical research organization
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $37.00 - $57.35 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.