Radiation Therapist I ($5K Sign on Bonus Eligible)
Job posting number: #7116978 (Ref:ccf17160593)
Posted: November 29, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Radiation Therapist in Taussig Cancer Institute’s Radiology and Oncology department, you will be responsible for providing radiation therapy to patients. Your primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with physicians and dosimetrists.
- Delivering appropriate patient treatment plans.
- Monitoring patients’ condition and reporting adverse reactions.
- Accurately positioning patients and selecting anatomic/technical parameters.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is a graduate of a CAHEA approved School of Radiation Therapy technology or registry eligible.
- Is a Board-Certified Registered Radiation Therapist with current Ohio licensure as well as certified in Radiation Therapy through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Is a BLS Healthcare provider.
- Has a strong work ethic.
- Thrives in a team environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for Radiation Therapists to discover Cleveland Clinic’s Taussig Cancer Institute and gain hands-on experience in this rewarding department. You will have career growth opportunities as well as opportunities to learn new equipment, work on research protocols and be involved in intra-departmental groups for process improvement.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Determines and delivers appropriate patient treatment plan in collaboration with physician and dosimetrist.
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and reports any adverse reactions.
- Assesses and educates patients according to specific department protocols.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic/technical parameters accurately.
- Checks and adjusts necessary equipment, including linear accelerator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a CAHEA approved School of Radiation Therapy technology or registry eligible.
- Board Certified Registered Radiation Therapist (R) with current state licensure as well as be certified in Radiation Therapy T(ARRT) through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required.
- BLS Healthcare Provider.
Complexity of Work:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with patients who are under physical and emotional stress.
- Ability to utilize computer programs to input data base and capture information.
- Experience with radiation oncology specific electronic medical record as well as record and verify.
- Experience with external radiation therapy, IMRT, IGRT and CT simulation preferred.
- Requires ability to perform duties while walking, standing, stooping, reaching and lifting.
- Requires ability to lift materials weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Requires ability to push/pull over 100 lbs.
- Requires dexterity sufficient to perform computer functions.
- Requires Safe Operating Procedure for x-ray generating equipment.
- Requires ability to work the hours of operation - flexible.
- Requires ability to take "call" on weekdays and weekends based on a rotational schedule.
- Requires ability to float to other CCHS facilities when needed.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.