Senior Accountant-AH Remote
Job posting number: #7111856 (Ref:10018679)
Posted: October 18, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
AccessHope ● Remote
At AccessHope, we’re Fighting cancer with everything we know™ by putting the ever-growing body of cancer knowledge to work for the greater good. Through a revolutionary employer health benefits offering, we remotely connect employees with cancer support services from National Cancer Institute (NCI)–Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers. Instead of requiring those who have been diagnosed with cancer to come to the centers for renowned cancer expertise, AccessHope brings their support to the patient and their local oncologist—wherever they’re located—to improve care, outcomes, and value.
Hopeful for those we support, rebellious in our approach, and collaborative by breaking down barriers, AccessHope is seeking a Sr. Accountant to help us uniquely deploy the latest cancer knowledge to the places it’s needed most. As an ideal candidate, you’ll support the Finance Department and work closely with the Accounting Manager in all aspects of the finance and accounting function. Using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), you will be responsible for leading the process for control of accounts and records, creating finance & accounting processes, and ensuring accuracy of data.
In this role, you will also take part in analysis of financial data, preparation of budgets, forecasting financial statement preparation & accounting schedules/reports, and auditing responsibilities. As AccessHope grows, this role will oversee junior staff comprising of accountants and analysts.
- Manage the close process (month, quarter, and year-end). This will include (but is not limited to) monthly intercompany settlement process, customization of reports, preparation of various month end reports, and submitting to CEO and Board of Directors. May prepare reports for external stakeholders.
- Identify and quantify issues that impact financial data and work with stakeholders to achieve timely resolution.
- Provide thorough review of controls & risk assessment for the enterprise. Will include creation, maintenance, and monitoring compliance of an overarching controls document.
- Prepare and/or interpret complex or very complex accounting transactions and records. Analyze data to initiate/recommend corrective action as needed.
- Lead in the development and implementation of new systems or enhance existing systems to resolve problems or improve accounting/financial processes.
- Supports annual audit, tax, and sales tax preparation process and related filings by preparing requested schedules.
- Actively identify (and close) control gaps and various deficiencies. Examples include segregation of duty, gaps in levels of authority matrices, standardization of materiality levels utilized in day-to-day tasks (including flux analysis), etc.
- Owns AR and AP (three-way match) processes including uploading of customer invoices within various portals, follow up on vendor payments and maintenance of aging reports.
- Maintains compliance by completing quarterly and annual Financial Statements timely, accurately and in accordance with GAAP.
- Conduct meetings with leadership and/or stakeholders to discuss and present reporting solutions and analyze variances of actuals vs budget.
- Participate in year-end tasks including preparation of financial statements and footnote disclosures as deemed necessary by line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, mathematics, statistics, or related field; experience may substitute for minimum education
- 7 or more years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree, MBA, or advanced degree in similar field of study
- Startup and/or Healthcare experience; 1 year experience in public accounting firm
As a condition of employment, AccessHope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
AccessHope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.