PS Dental Assistant
Salt Lake City, UT
Job posting number: #7111480
Posted: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary
This is a benefits-eligible position including: retirement, medical, dental, vision and life insurance options, retirement, generous paid time off accruals, tuition reduction and free public transportation. We recognize the value our team members bring to our organization; our culture is one of continuing education and constant growth with potential opportunities for advancement.
This position will be located at the Rose Park Dental Clinic. The incumbent maintains and operates equipment and instruments under the direction of the department, and provides initial orientation for dental students. Care is appropriate to the population served.
As a member of the School of Dentistry team you are expected to form positive and productive relationships with peers, students and leadership to support the mission, vision, values, and PROMISE standards of the organization. You are expected to encourage and foster a supportive, anti-racist, equitable, and inclusive environment for our patients, students, faculty, staff, and the communities we serve.
1. Performing routine cleaning, stocking, and equipment maintenance including but not limited to changing traps, maintaining water unit levels, cleaning chair bases, stocking supplies, and printing and stocking clinic forms.
2. Assisting students/dentists with the preparation of procedures, chairside assisting, and radiology positioning and technique.
3. Disinfecting, lubricating, washing, wrapping, and sterilizing instruments, cassettes, and equipment for clinic use.
4. Adhering to manufacturer and CDC guidelines for reprocessing instruments and equipment.
5. Providing technical support to students and faculty.
6. Acting to ensure proper infection control, clinic policies, and processes are followed.
7. Assisting in the tracking of clinic procedures through maintaining and/or entering data.
8. Adhering to standards set by OSHA, HIPAA, FERPA, CODA and other standards set by the department.
9. Participating and contributing in committees and discussions regarding clinic operations, materials, protocols, and/or quality assurance.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in stressful or difficult situations.
• Ability to provide care appropriate to the patient demographic served.
• Ability to display active listening and verbalize empathy while developing relationships with patients, guests and coworkers.
• Ability to provide care as detailed in the department’s policies and procedures manual.
• Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and follow-through skills.
• Ability to be highly motivated and pay attention to detail with a passion to provide excellent patient care in a fast paced and evolving environment.
• Ability to work efficiently and independently.
• Demonstrated computer skills and an ability and willingness to learn new applications and software, procedures and processes.
• Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA regulations to ensure that patient information is guarded and respected.
• Ability to navigate a facility with multiple providers and services.
This position requires daily problem solving skills and multi-tasking. Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in stressful or difficult situations.
Care is appropriate to the population served.
Completion of Dental Assistant Course and one year chair-side experience or equivalency. Successful completion of Radiology Safety and Health exam or complete within six months of hire. Basic Life Support Health Care Provider card or obtained within one month of hire. Excellent human relations and effective communication skills also required.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring department.
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated requirements. We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.