Dartmouth College Neukom Fellows
Job posting number: #7109252
Posted: August 29, 2022
Application Deadline: December 1, 2022
Job DescriptionDartmouth College Neukom Fellows: Call for Applications
The Neukom Institute for Computational Science at Dartmouth College is pleased to announce the Neukom Postdoctoral Fellows competition for positions starting September 1, 2023.
Neukom Fellows are interdisciplinary positions for recent Ph.D.s, DMAs, or MFAs whose research interests or practice cuts across traditional disciplinary boundaries, and has some computational component, whether it be a framing concept for intellectual exploration or an explicit part of the work that is pursued. The successful candidate should have a history of collaborative work across disciplines, but still show evidence of independence and initiative. The Fellowships are two year appointments and, other than standard research trips, Neukom Fellows are expected to be in residence at Dartmouth College. Early departure means early cut-off of support. Neukom Fellows will be mentored by faculty in two departments at Dartmouth College, take up residence in one department, and will teach one seminar course each year on a subject of their interest. Beyond that there are no additional duties. Neukom Fellow stipends are $65,000 for 2023-2024. Additional funds are available for equipment, travel, and research materials.
Requirements: 1. Ph.D. in any discipline or expected by September 2023, DMA or MFA. 2. Research interests strongly intersecting theme of computation. 3. Demonstrated interest in multidisciplinary research. 4. Evidence of ability to think outside traditional paradigms.
Application Materials: Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to contact prospective mentors at Dartmouth College and must submit the following materials:
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Publications list (uploaded separately from CV)
3. Statement of research interests (statement -maximum 2 pages, publications on additional page) including a short description of the research you would like to pursue as a Neukom Fellow.
4. Description of which departments and Dartmouth faculty you would be interested in working with and why the opportunity to engage with multiple departments would enhance your work. Applicants are strongly encouraged to seek out connections with and contact potential Dartmouth mentors as they draft their applications.
5. Three referees whose letters of recommendation speak to the aims of the Fellowship. The application requires the reference email address, the referees will receive an email and have access to upload a letter for that applicant. The applicant will not have access to this letter. Although we prefer applications to be complete by the deadline, referees have until 7 days after the position closes. Please make sure your referee knows and is looking for the email from AcademicJobsOnline.org.
6. (Optional) A copy of one paper you have written in English (or some comparable kind of creative work), either published or unpublished.
7. (Optional) A teaching statement.
8. (Optional) A cover letter.
General inquiries should be directed to the Neukom Institute Manager, Christine Monigle ([email protected]).
Dartmouth is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
For a list of current Neukom Fellows, see: https://neukom.dartmouth.edu/research/neukom-postdoctoral-fellows/current-fellows
We will begin reviewing applications on December 1, 2022. We will continue to review applications until the positions are filled.
Applications must be submitted here: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/22078
For more information on The Neukom Institute: http://neukom.dartmouth.edu/ The Neukom Fellows Program and the Neukom Institute are made possible by a generous gift from Mr. William H. Neukom, Dartmouth College Class of 1964.