SPD PRODUCT SPECIALIST I
Job posting number: #7108108 (Ref:hlj_39107)
Posted: August 15, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
• The SPD Product Specialist maintains, coordinates and performs all aspects of the Sterile Processing inventory control, data entry, clerical and manual tasks involved in the daily ordering, receipt, verification, storage of supplies/par levels/mobile equipment, surgical instruments in the sterile processing department, which supports the operating room (OR), as well as ancillary departments.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Understands medical terminology, supply nomenclature, exchange carts, par level methodologies and inventory management
• Experience with automated inventory control system preferred
• Some experience in the preparation of statistical reports, such as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Working closely with vendors and OR personnel to monitor, build and facilitate reordering, maintenance and refurbishment of instruments/trays in need of service and/or repair.
• Updating of tray count sheets, new instrument implementation and data entry, utilizing the designated instrument tracking system.
• Adheres to and verifies all manufacturing guidelines and recommendations prior to implementation of set instruments/trays/supplies.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years' experience with inventory, supply and product management with 1 year in a surgical service setting
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.