Job posting number: #7107601 (Ref:ccf16434630)
Posted: August 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs blood collection procedures and related tasks.
- Verifies order requests and identifying information prior to drawing blood or collecting the specimen/kit to be tested by analytical staff.
- Labels all specimens collected and delivers them to the appropriate processing area.
- Follows venipuncture procedures and maintains appropriate log sheets.
- Greets patients warmly and professionally at check in or when they present to outpatient lab desks or when entering a patient's room and completes test request entry and specimen receipt using lab computer.
- Performs specimen processing and sends out tasks including accessioning, centrifugation and packaging for transport when necessary for all specimen types.
- Communicates essential information to appropriate personnel.
- Actively promotes effective communication flow both within and outside of the department.
- Picks up and delivers blood, other sample types, and lab supplies to appropriate areas.
- Provides a positive customer service rapport and interacts in a pleasant, courteous and cordial manner with co-workers and patients at all times.
- Participates in team discussions, provide problem solving ideas and contribute to quality improvement goals.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Formal phlebotomy certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills in a team environment is essential.
- Effectively operate in a flexible work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to excel in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Technical proficiency; standard procedures, techniques and common practices required.
- Requires frequent and long durations of standing and walking.
- Visual acuity including the ability to distinguish colors.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate blood drawing equipment and make measurements.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.