Lead Registered Respiratory Therapist (Clinical Specialist) - Intensive Care and Resuscitation
Job posting number: #7107598 (Ref:ccf16432409)
Posted: August 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Provides clinical and managerial leadership to the respiratory staff as designated by departmental management
- Monitors daily operations of assigned areas and acts as a resource person for staff
- Assigns therapist workload and adjusts staffing based on patient volume
- Participates in continuous quality improvement
- Provides feedback on staff performance
- Assists with development and implementation of Respiratory Therapy Policy/Procedures/Protocols
- Acts as a Respiratory Care liaison by developing/maintaining communication with the multidisciplinary care team.
- Assists with developing and providing ongoing orientation/training for newly hired therapists, existing staff, nursing and LIPs.
- At sites where applicable, the employee will perform blood gas puncture and analysis.
- At sites where applicable, the employee will perform patient education regarding treatment and care of respiratory illness/disease to patient and family.
- If the employee is designated as a Technical Consultant by the blood gas Laboratory Director, the employee must meet minimum qualifications as specified by the CLIA code of federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Graduate of an accredited program in Respiratory Therapy
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided for validation
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the NBRC.
- Licensure by the Ohio Medical Board.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA), and/or certified as a Neonatal Pediatric Specialist (NPS) (as appropriate to site).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) (inpatient only as appropriate to site)
- For home care positions only: Proof of Valid Ohio driver’s license upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter
- For home care positions only: Proof of automobile insurance with 100,000/300,000 coverage, upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Respiratory Therapy including critical care or a specialty environment is required or must possess a Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in Respiratory Therapy including critical care or a specialty environment.
- Requires good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal range.
- May require sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.