Technologist Radiation Therapy-PRN
Job posting number: #7107597 (Ref:ccf16434639)
Posted: August 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Administers prescribed doses of radiation to specific body parts, using radiation therapy equipment according to established practices and procedures. Follows radiation safety protocols for patient, self and others.
- Educates, prepares, and reassures patients and their families by answering questions, providing physical assistance, and reinforcing physician advice regarding treatment reactions and post-treatment care.
- Assists physician with performing brachytherapy procedures as needed.
- Schedules patients for treatments and simulations.
- Conducts quality assurance tests on equipment to ensure it is functioning properly and reports potential problems.
- Maintains clean and orderly treatment rooms. Notifies appropriate personnel when supply levels are getting low.
- Assists radiation oncologists and physicists to prepare physical and technical aspects of treatment plan simulations.
- Calculates initial treatment dosages to determine proper radiation treatments, when necessary.
- Complies with all Radiation Oncology System (IMPAC) entry requirements for accurate patient treatment, charges, and tracking monitors as appropriate. Maintains accurate records
- Stays current in new technology by reviewing literature and attending relevant seminars.
- Assists and supports the Therapy student and Radiologic student program, specifically the clinical aspect. Provides supervision and feedback to students as they perform procedures.
- Reviews images with students on request and provides evaluations of students to clinical instructor for formal reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department-specific competencies and requirements.
- Graduate from a School of Radiation Therapy Technology that is approved by the Joint Review Committee on Education of Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) and be registry eligible.
- Radiation Therapist Licensed in the State of Ohio required.
- Radiation Therapy (T) – ARRT required.
- Current BLS certification.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Knowledge of arithmetic necessary to perform calculations and record keeping associated with the job.
- Ability to effectively communicate patient care and technical information.
- Ability to operate radiation equipment properly and safely.
- Requires ability to perform duties while walking, standing, stooping, reaching and lifting.
- Requires ability to lift materials weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Requires ability to push/pull over 100 lbs to assist patients.
- Requires dexterity sufficient to perform computer functions.
- Requires Safe Operating Procedure for x-ray generating equipment.
- Requires ability to work the hours of operation – flexible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.