Polysomnographic Technician Registered Reader
Job posting number: #7107378 (Ref:ccf16412845)
Posted: August 4, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Works with Sleep Medicine fellows, predominately during the dayshift, scoring and interpreting polysomnographic studies in accordance with Cleveland Clinic Sleep Disorders Center policies and procedures and established guidelines (Rechtschaffen and Kales, “A Manual of Standard Terminology, Techniques, and Scoring System for Sleep Stages of Human Sleep”).
- Reviews raw data and clarifies problems or scoring discrepancies with recording technologists. Generates sleep reports that are technically accurate and grammatically correct.
- Synthesizes information from the medical and sleep history and physical examination to optimize sleep study interpretation and treatment recommendations.
- Participates in daily protocolling of overnight studies. Interacts with medical and nursing staff to address study design issues.
- Reviews PSG recordings with staff physicians in daily reading sessions. Makes appropriate report revisions and finalizes reports.
- Interprets all types of sleep tests, including routine polysomnograms, positive airway titration, expanded EMG and EEG montages for the evaluation of nocturnal seizures and parasomnias, multiple sleep latency and maintenance of wakefulness tests for evaluation of daytime sleepiness, and actigraphy.
- Stages and scores sleep and events in the pediatric population.
- Attends regular database meetings and participates in database improvement initiatives. Trains other technologist on database issues. Assists Technical Director and medical staff with training of fellow and resident physicians. Assists with training of new technologists
- Attends regular sleep research meetings and participates in the recording and interpretation of research studies as needed.
- Performs all duties of a Registered Technologist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum three years experience and knowledge of the International Classification of Sleep Disorders manual.
- Full range of body motion, manual finger dexterity, eye-hand coordination, corrected hearing and vision to normal to normal range and the ability to maneuver heavy equipment. Requires standing and walking for extended periods.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: Sleep Tech, Polysomnography, Polysomnographer, Polysomnographic, Poly, polysom, polysomn, PSG, PSG Tech, PSG Technician, Sleep technician, Sleep, Polysomnographic Technician Registered Reader, Reader
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.