Occupational Therapist, Certified Hand Therapist, Part-time float
Job posting number: #7107099 (Ref:ccf16389170)
Posted: August 2, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Outpatient Occupational Therapist
Part time Float – 20 + hours
Prefer Certified Hand Therapist with at least 3 years of Outpatient hand clinical experience. This is an orthopedic based outpatient site. The therapist will be responsible for developing/implementing specific Outpatient Orthopedic Occupational Therapy Plans of Care. Hand Therapists cover a minimum of 2 different locations, Requires possibly working at Main Campus or at the Family Health Centers based on departmental needs.
Flexibility necessary as therapist assist with coverage based on physician assignments.
Experience in Outpatient Orthopedic Settings preferred as well as Orthopedic Continuing Education with hand populations. Must be proficient in custom splint fabrication and be prepared to demonstrate this skillset.
Patient population: Orthopedic, Orthopedic post-operative Monday-Friday
Hours of operation 7 am until 7 pm, Fridays til 5pm ( minimum 2 evenings per week)
Prefer Certified Hand Therapist with at least 3 years of Outpatient hand clinical experience.
Evaluates and treats patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits which impact their abilities to successfully perform independent living skills.
Part-time float requires working in multiple locations throughout the Cleveland Clinic system
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills.
- Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment. Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities.
- Documents subjective and objective findings of patient progress.
- Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and treatment setting.
- Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established licensing laws, state regulations and OT practice standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Must be a graduate of an Occupational Therapy Program accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Current State licensure as an Occupational Therapist (OT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Experience in the clinical area preferred.
- Ability to walk without assistive device and to maintain balance despite sudden load in order to support patient from falling.
- Ability to meet physical demands characterized at the heavy level defined by 1993 Leonard Matheson and Ministry of Labor.
- Ability to lift and reach with arms sufficiently to lift patient's arm and leg during therapeutic treatment program.
- Sensation of touch and manual dexterity to be able to palpate muscle tension or to monitor patient pulse.
- Visual acuity to observe patient's gross and fine motor movements in order to analyze these movements and to read all patient monitors.
- Ability to speak clearly enough to instruct patients and families.
- Ability to hear at a conversational level to understand patient's description of symptoms and response to treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.