Postdoctoral Scientist - Li Lab
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7106896 (Ref: HRC0980126)
Posted: July 30, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, the Research Fellow will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period in the field of cancer biology. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Responsible for designing experiments, assembeling data for publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
• Responsible for the designe of experiments in cooperation with the mentor.
• Responsible for compiling figures and text for the submission of publications and presentations as author or co-author.
• Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the mentor.
• May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
• Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
• Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Doctorate Degree (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in in biomedical sciences, pharmacology, or an area directly related to field of research specialization, with demonstrable laboratory experience in drug discovery and natural products research, and in vivo mouse models for antitumor efficacy and pharmacology.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work.
- Demonstrable laboratory experience (1-4 years) in drug discovery and natural products research, in vivo mouse work, antitumor efficacy, and pharmacology, with some experience in molecular biology, tumor cell biology, microbiology, and protein purification and production.
Constantly Requires high defree of manual and finger dexterity. Frequently involves extensive sitting for long periods of time. Involves frequent walking throughout the institution. Involves working irregular hours occasionally.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Li Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.