Radiation Therapist - Tarzana, CA - 8-Hour Day Shift
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7106884 (Ref: HRC0951512A)
Posted: July 30, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Under the supervision of the Chief Radiation Therapist and the professional direction of a Radiation Oncologist, the Radiation Therapist is expected to administer radiation treatments to cancer patients; Verification of treatment plans & Quality Checklist; Documentation of treatment, daily and weekly linear accelerator QA, portal images, and CBCT; Scans patient into the system utilizing the bar-coded "Orange Card" prior to treatment; Coordinates and schedules patients in Mosaiq system; Notifies appropriate person of EPIC scheduling changes; Follows physicians prescription and carries out all instructions; Verifies mathematical accuracy of treatment prescription; Detects equipment malfunction, troubleshoots and reports problem to appropriate person; Demonstrates appropriate medical knowledge when caring for patients with urgent/emergent patients; Demonstrates effective time management; proactively assists other team members to meet teamwork goals
What's this role all about?
- Accurate Set-up and treatment of patients as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist
- Utilizes imaging technologies for the purpose of simulation, treatment planning, and treatment delivery as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist
- Operation of linear accelerator, including proper patient positioning and monitoring of patient during procedure
- Perform weekly portal images, and daily CBCT, KV, VisionRT prior to delivering treatment.
- Accurately complete and chart all simulation and treatment summaries, report and documentations, along with photographs of set up and tattooing of patient as required
- Appropriate and timely documentation of treatments
- Patient management and education
- Documents daily pain assessment
- Verifies correct side/site; Patient name; DOB prior to treatment
- Proactively assists other team members to meet teamwork goals
- Assists with The Joint Commission readiness within the department
- Completes assigned projects in a timely fashion
- Ensures medical equipment is maintained and functioning properly, including daily warm-up procedures and quality assurance
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives
- Minimum: Associate Degree in ARRT approved Radiation Therapy Program.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in ARRT approved Radiation Therapy Program.
- California Therapeutic Radiation Technologist Certification
- American Registry of Radiologic Technology Certification
- BLS required
What else are we looking for?
- No experience required, 3 years technical experience as a Radiation Therapist preferred
Lifting, sitting, standing, bending.
- Working Title: Radiation Therapist - Tarzana, CA - 8-Hour Day Shift
- Department: OCC-Radiation Therapy
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Nuclear/Invasive
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.