Cardiac Cath Lab Cardiovascular Tech - 10-hr Day Shift
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7106880 (Ref: HRC0900970C)
Posted: July 30, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Are you ready to bring your expert clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the country for cardiology? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cardiovascular Intervention Center is a core element of the Smidt Heart Institute, performing more than 8,000 procedures a year. The department serves the populations of neonates to and including geriatrics. In this twelve-laboratory facility, we perform a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for coronary artery disease, heart muscle function and heart valve dysfunction.
As a Catheterization Lab Technician, you will use physiological monitoring/recording systems to create, manipulate, improve, and record analog and digital radiographic images used in diagnostic, electrophysiology and interventional cardio-vascular procedures and examinations. You will perform a range of technical and supportive patient care tasks in accordance with facility and regulatory requirements. Experienced CVTs that meet the qualifications of Tech I and also have three years' experience along with ACLS and RCIS may qualify for the CVT Tech II position.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Assists with CVIC procedures applying approved protocols per standards of practice for safety, speed, organization, precision, and accuracy based upon the department’s accrediting agency and/or department guidelines for exam protocols, adhering to department safety and productivity standards.
- Scrubs, monitors, assists, and circulates safely and timely, supplying necessary equipment and performing vascular site management, while supporting FDA approved and clinical research procedures.
- Performs all diagnostic tests, including coronary and structural heart intervention using electronic physiologic monitoring equipment and accurately records ECG, electrograms, hemodynamics, echocardiographic and other vital tracing obtained throughout the procedure.
- Prepares and administers contrast and follows department procedures and guidelines in handling of contrast to maintain compliance with all safety requirements. Observes radiation and laser protection to regulatory safety requirements.
- Performs sterile processing within guidelines for sterile field and equipment preparation, including inspection, counting, cleaning, patient and equipment transport, room stock, and documentation, with notification to supervisor and action needed for resolution.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of an Accredited CVT program with at least 800 hours of clinicals as part of that training program required
- Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- ACLS preferred. ACLS is required if put into a Tech II position
- RCIS preferred. RCIS is required if put into a Tech II position.
- Previous Cath Lab experience preferred; graduates of a CV Tech program with no experience can be considered at the Tech I level
- At least 3 years of Cath Lab experience required to qualify for Tech II position
Keywords: Cardiovascular, CV, Cardiac, Cath Lab, Catheterization, Tech, Technician, Technologist, Healthcare, Medical, Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Cardiac Cath Lab Cardiovascular Tech - 10-hr Day Shift
- Department: Cardiac Cath. Lab
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.