Revenue Cycle Specialist II
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7106879 (Ref: HRC0862585C)
Posted: July 30, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also received the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
What will you be doing in this role?
Under general supervision and following established practices, policies, and guidelines, provides commercial collections support to Patient Financial Services, performing duties which may include reviewing and resubmitting claims to third party payors, performing account follow-up activities and updating information on accounts. Positions at this level require advanced knowledge in specialized functions and a full understanding of the revenue cycle. Incumbents work independently and have strong customer service, analytic and problem-solving skills, and are able to understand, interpret and explain payor contracts and CSMC billing and collections policy and practices. Incumbents may assist other team members. This position may be cross-trained in other revenue cycle functions and provide back-up coverage.
- High school diploma or GED required. College level courses in finance, business or health insurance a plus.
- Strong English proficiency, including using proper spelling and grammar, and solid verbal communication skills
- A minimum of 4 years of hospital billing and/or collections experience required.
Experience we are seeking:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of regulatory policies and CHS policies procedures governing billing and collections.
- Understanding of payor contracts.
- Ability to understand and analyze different hospital UB04 bill types and their purpose and billing process, as needed.
- Hospital experience preferred.
- Microsoft office, Billing Systems (Emdeon, Availity, Relay Health, etc.) and EPIC proficiency highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short timelines, to prioritize and organize work, and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
- Basic knowledge of basic accounting principles and healthcare billing and collection practices.
- Detailed knowledge of medical terminology and coding (ICD, CPT, HCPCS, procedure, bill type, diagnosis and revenue codes) a plus.
- Working Title: Revenue Cycle Specialist II
- Department: Collections
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Patient Financial Services
- Job Specialty: Patient Billing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.