Call for nominations | Canada Excellence Research Chairs (CERC)
Job posting number: #7105013
Posted: July 11, 2022
Application Deadline: August 4, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) invites applications from world-leading scientists in the area of the Sustainable Energy Transition and related disciplines for the Canada Excellence Research Chairs (CERC) competition.
Candidates will have an outstanding track record of funded research and publications in one of these areas of research:
1. Materials and technologies for the production of renewable hydrogen, biofuls and batteries;
2. Energy ecosystem and smart grids;
3. Technico-economic analysis and life-cycle analysis;
4. The energy transition of first nations and remote communities;
5. Social, ethical, environnemental and political dimensions of the energy transition.
The CERC Program was created to attract leading scholars who can positively contribute to Canada's global competitiveness and well-being, and to help Canadian institutions compete in the global market for research talent. The work of these leading researchers will spark the creation of new services and policies to support Canada's economic competitiveness, help sustain the environment, and improve quality of life.
The specific objectives of the program are to:
1. strenghten Canada's ability to attract the world's top researchers in order to be at the leading edge of breakthroughs in priority research areas expected to generate social and economic benefits for the Canadians;
2. help Canada build a critical mass of expertise in priority areas identified by the governement;
3. create a competitive environnement to help Canadian institutions attract a cadre of world-leading researchers in their pursuit of excellence in their research;
4. contribute to the branding of Canada as a location of choice for world-leading research, science and tehcnology developpement along with other federal programs with similar objectives.