Research Data Scientist I
Job posting number: #7103880 (Ref:ccf16119037)
Posted: June 24, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs basic data analysis to include data validation, investigation, and testing of hypotheses.
- Assists Principal Investigator with transforming data to support the investigation of research questions Builds basic predictive models, and other mathematical or statistical models as needed by using modeling tools.
- Utilizes process enhancement opportunities to improve the efficiency of data pulling, reporting, programming, operation and etc.
- Works to curate and process complex clinical and biological data
- May communicate or present research findings.
- Identifies technical issues and manages resolution for analytics programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
- None required
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Requires good communication and presentation skills to summarize data for Principal Investigators and other research audiences.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience conducting data analytics, math or statistical modeling or machine learning.
- Demonstrate proficiency with programing skills in languages such as SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, Python, MATLAB or similar.
- Master’s or PhD degrees in related fields may offset the experience requirement.
- Typical physical demands include a high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a PC, normal or corrected vision, extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasional lifting or carrying 5 to 15 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment.
This is a remote position. Employee will be required to provide their own home computer to remote desktop into a powerful machine located at Cleveland Clinic.
Keywords: SQL, R, Python, big data
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.