Neuroinflammation in Neurodegenerative Diseases
Job posting number: #7103530
Posted: June 20, 2022
Application Deadline: July 22, 2022
Job DescriptionOur laboratory studies the molecular underpinning of the pathogenic events leading to neurodegenerative diseases. A leading health and economic burden to an aging society, Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) is a condition with complex etiology and manifests in dysregulated neuronal functions and intercellular communications in the brain. Increasingly, neuroinflammatory responses are critically implicated in AD and other neurodegenerative diseases. We are keen to illuminate the fundamental principles that govern the neuroinflammatory phenomena in driving AD and brain aging (check our recent publications Immunity 55, 879 (2022); J. Clin. Invest. 130:1912 (2020); Front Neurosci 14:577744 (2020)).
Establishing a brand-new presence at UTHealth, we are seeking an enthusiastic candidate to join our spirited group. The focus of the immediate project is to characterize the molecular alterations brought by tauopathy in brain cells and tissues, with an aim to illuminate the key pathways and factors involved in neuroinflammation and eventual degeneration.
Motivated candidates with in-depth training and knowledge in neuroscience and molecular biology are encouraged to apply. Expertise in primary CNS cell culture is preferred. Previous experience with biochemistry, microscopy, and/or in vivo disease modeling is a plus.
• Initiate, conduct, and lead research projects based on sound and innovative scientific hypotheses.
• Develop technical expertise in areas such as genetic animal models, recombinant viral vectors, confocal imaging, molecular biology, and multi-omics analysis.
• Plan, direct and conduct specialized and advanced research experiments, establish new research protocols and procedures, and evaluate and analyze data.
• Summarize research findings, write, and publish results in research journals.
• Responsible for laboratory operations in a team environment.
• Participate in educational events such as journal club, presentation of research in both formal and informal settings on regular basis.
• Collaborate with investigators outside the lab and main effective communication
• Education: MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science. Degree obtained within two years
• No experience required
How to apply
Please send a current resume/CV, a cover letter, and contact information of three references by email to [email protected]