Lab Assistant II
La Jolla, CA
Job posting number: #7101956 (Ref:spd-2064746)
Posted: June 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Sanford Burnham Prebys is a preeminent, independent biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding human biology and disease, and advancing scientific discoveries to profoundly impact human health.
Under specific direction, this position will perform routine repetitive laboratory tasks, which may include the preparation of laboratory supplies and equipment, and other related duties as assigned.
- Assists teams and core staff with all aspects of laboratory projects and experiments using standard laboratory techniques under supervision
- Assist with autoclaving, media/buffer preparations, stocking and maintenance of inventory/supplies, and other related duties and tasks, as required.
- Assist in the preparation of genomic DNA from mouse tail samples and perform PCR genotyping.
- Assist in transfection experiments
- High School diploma or equivalent required and two years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained
- Strong aptitude in STEM classes required
- Prior lab experience in molecular neuroscience or molecular biology required
- Proof of fully COVID-19 vaccination
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- College level sciences classes a plus
- Previous research laboratory experience is preferred
- Willingness and ability to work with rodents, biohazardous material and/or potential carcinogens.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Be responsible, organized, and possess strong attention to detail
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Embody the Institute’s core values of Commitment, Collaboration, Communication, Community and Compassion
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click HERE.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with Sanford Burnham Prebys, please email [email protected]. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.