Business Systems Administrator
Job posting number: #7101105 (Ref:413484)
Posted: June 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We invite you to apply for this job with the Financial Management and Procurement Services organization with Argonne National Laboratory. In this role, you will function as a business systems administration partner for one or more site-wide business systems including, financial, travel expense, or procurement related systems. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining cognizance of business systems and associated tools, applications, and interfaces through business analysis, specification, testing, installation, maintenance, and operations. You will also:
- Analyze, modify, and enhance systems to support the system’s day-to-day operational needs and functions.
- Monitor and support the system integrations; troubleshoots and resolves issues.
- Analyze, design, test, and implement improvements to the system.
- Handle content development of FMPS website pages.
- Respond to customer requests for issues and system needs.
- Train and assist end users on system functionality.
- Excel in a team-oriented environment.
- Provide ongoing process improvement suggestions for systems and processes.
- Experience in system implementations or supporting financial business systems. Workday Financials experience is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures for financial management.
- Understanding of databases, including internal logic, functionality, and process relationships.
- Familiarity of Microsoft applications with a focus on Excel.
- Ability to develop and troubleshoot simple queries, analyze data, and report.
- Organizational skills, ingenuity, and creativity, and the ability to solve problems.
- Ability to coordinate tasks and projects and collaborate with others to complete them.
- Flexibility and adaptability to new procedures and technology.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
- To perform the essential functions of this position successful applicants must provide proof of U.S. citizenship, which is required to comply with federal regulations and contract.
Position is available for remote work.
Job FamilyProfessional Technical (PT)
Job ProfileIT Multi-Functional 2
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.